Milton Academy, Milton, MA
Milton Academy is an independent college preparatory K–12 school, boarding and day in grades 9–12, located just outside of Boston.
Milton Academy cultivates in our students a passion for learning and a respect for others. Milton students grow by developing their
own identities, learning from and listening to the lived experiences of others, and living and working among peers whose differences they accept with respect and care.
In our ongoing work to create an environment that confronts bias, injustice, and bigotry, we encourage each other to be open to
learning, exploring our histories and identities, and seeking to understand the world around us with a critical lens.
At Milton, we prepare students to partner with their future communities to create a more just world and to have the courage to
speak up and live by our motto, “Dare to be true.”
Summary of Position:
The Engagement Coordinator is an essential contributor to the success of the Office of Development and Alumni Relations. The coordinator provides administrative support for event and engagement activities, helping to create meaningful guest experiences for more than 40 in-person, virtual, and hybrid events each year. The coordinator also supports the engagement volunteer program, keeping 100+ alumni volunteers connected to the School’s mission. In collaboration with the Events Manager and Senior Engagement Officer, the coordinator takes the lead on a small number of events, ensuring that engagement goals are measured and met.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide support by managing engagement team communications, including invitations, event reminders, post-event follow-up, and more.
- Assist with alumni engagement by supporting volunteer work through data entry, preparing mailings, collecting class notes, and emailing committee meeting materials.
- Create and manage online event registration forms and pages; record RSVPs.
- Provide administrative support including creating and printing nametags, ordering supplies, running reports, and processing invoices.
- In partnership with colleagues, plan and execute a small number of simple in-person and virtual events to help meet fundraising and engagement goals.
- Manage key components of Reunion Weekend event planning, including registration logistics, the check-in experience, website management, data entry and more; be the team expert for AlumniQ software.
- Conduct peer benchmarking; research new venues and vendors; intentionally assess supplier diversity to achieve a diverse vendor cohort
- Main responder to all event inquiries by phone and email.
- Additional duties as assigned.
The Engagement Coordinator should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Strong written communication and time management skills, ability to balance multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Eagerness to give and receive feedback
- Some administrative or events experience
- A commitment to cultivating an anti-oppression mindset within themselves and others