Elementary School Principal
Mount Alvernia Academy, Newton, MA
Mount Alvernia Academy, a Catholic co-educational school serving Preschool through Sixth Grade, is seeking a Principal effective July 1, 2022. MAA enrolls over 300 students from 35+ communities in the greater Boston area. Situated on a beautiful campus in Chestnut Hill, the Academy is located directly across from the main entrance of Boston College. Mount Alvernia provides an academically challenging environment for students, one that nurtures their intellectual curiosity, stimulates personal growth, and fosters critical thinking. We encourage the moral, physical, and social growth of our students and strive to prepare them for life in the complex world that awaits them.
The Principal will carry on MAA’s mission of academic excellence and service and provide vision and leadership for Faculty, staff, students, and parents.
The school Principal serves as the educational leader, responsible for managing the policies, regulations, and procedures to ensure that all students are supervised in a safe, traditional Catholic learning environment that meets the approved curricula and mission of the school.
School sustainability and vitality require the school Principal to work collaboratively with a leadership team (vice principal, business manager, and director of institutional advancement) to direct and support all members of the school.
Mount Alvernia Academy’s mission statement:
In keeping with the traditions of the Missionary Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Conception, rooted in the teachings and values of St. Francis and St. Clare, the Mission of Mount Alvernia Academy is to educate and nurture students in a challenging academic environment to become life-long learners and responsible Christians.
The Academy cultivates a desire within our students to share their God-given gifts with the world, which has been entrusted to them.
- A practicing Catholic who possesses an active and integrated life of faith and service to others
- 3-5 years of teaching and educational leadership experience
- Master’s Degree in Education or Educational Leadership
- Experience with advancement, admissions, marketing, and financial operations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Awareness and commitment to the spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, and physical needs of students
The Principal will be responsible for leading in the following areas:
- ensuring the Catholic and Franciscan identity of the school;
- strategic planning and collaborating with the Missionary Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Conception and the Board of Directors;
- providing exceptional leadership and vision for the present and future;
- overseeing all aspects of the school’s operations;
- providing strong financial management;
- overseeing facilities projects and all advancement efforts including development and enrollment management.
The deadline to apply is February 28, 2022.
This search is being managed by Brenner, McDonagh & Tortolani, a division of Christian Brothers Services. For consideration, please forward resume, cover letter, salary expectations, and the contact information for 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or walk-ins, please.