Elementary Grade Teacher
Fay School, Southborough, MA
Beginning August 2022
Fay School seeks a dynamic, flexible, and creative individual who loves teaching and understands how to engage elementary children in English language arts, math, social studies, and science teaching and learning. Building on Fay’s existing programs, this teacher will serve as a grade two homeroom teacher and will collaborate with colleagues to teach literacy, math, science, and social studies to students in grade two in the Primary School. This is a full-time position and is eligible for benefits. Campus housing may be available.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years’ experience teaching elementary school children. A bachelor’s degree in elementary education or a related field is required; a master’s degree is strongly preferred. Fay School values teachers who believe in differentiated and developmentally-aligned approaches to teaching and learning, integrate instructional technology, understand the importance of cultural competency, and are attuned to the social and emotional growth of young students. Fay seeks candidates who will reflect and enhance the racial, cultural, and gender diversity of our school community.
- Preparing and delivering materials and lessons as scheduled
- Assessing students’ performance by completing skillboxes and comments
- Effectively using technology to enhance instruction
- Understanding of a literacy continuum; behaviors and understandings
- Understanding of the development of proficient readers and writers
- Ability and willingness to facilitate literacy assessments
- Understanding of mathematics curriculum; behaviors and understandings
- Conducting parent conferences and communicating effectively with parents
- Attending team and department meetings, and major school events as required
- As a homeroom teacher, being a primary point of contact for communication with parents
- Leading afternoon student activities or coaching athletics for two terms
Salary to be determined based on experience and education. Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume via email with the subject line “Elementary Grade Teacher” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fay School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic background, age, disability, or military service in its hiring, employment or other programs and activities.