Educational Technology Support Specialist
Dexter Southfield School, Brookline, MA
About Dexter Southfield
Dexter Southfield is an independent school where boys and girls in Pre-K through Class 12 develop their individual talents and build an ethical foundation for life. Students learn to lead and serve with character, confidence, and compassion. Our 36-acre campus is located on the Brookline-Boston line, just minutes from the city’s best museums, libraries, hospitals, performing arts venues, colleges, and universities—all of which serve as an extension of our classrooms. At Dexter Southfield, we approach everything we do with enthusiasm and commitment, living by our School’s motto: “Our Best Today, Better Tomorrow.”
You enjoy the challenges that come with supporting classroom technology needs for students and faculty. Working closely with Information Technology team members, you will be responsible for providing support to students and faculty as well as troubleshoot hardware and software issues to promote smooth and efficient business operations. You are a flexible, resilient team player who adapts quickly to change. You are self-motivated and have proven yourself as someone who can manage competing priorities with integrity, humor, and sound judgment, pitching in whenever and wherever as needed.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to:
- Troubleshoot a variety of technologies including, but not limited to, Windows laptops, iPads, projectors, printers, instructional programs and software
- Support implementation and management of instructional technology devices and software application programs
- Collaborate with the lower school leadership to determine the appropriate use of instructional technology and deployment
- Partner with faculty to evaluate the efficacy of digital learning content and tools
- Respond to a variety of software questions from faculty staff for the purpose of providing information, guidance, or referral
- Model effective instructional strategies using technology in a co-teaching environment
- Research and evaluate new hardware and software needs to enhance the technology and stay up to date on the latest trends in instructional technologies
- Coordinate and facilitate professional growth opportunities for faculty to incorporate technology appropriately into the classroom
- Setup and/or operate audio/visual systems, with occasional after-hours coverage to support school events
- Support the IT Help Desk Manager and Director of IT
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field required; five plus years of equivalent technology-related full-time work experience may be considered
- At least two years of experience supporting clients with general technology support
- Technical proficiency in the use of Windows OS, iOS, Microsoft Office 365, Blackbaud Education Module, Savvis, Lexia, and various instructional software programs
- Instructional technology integration in a classroom setting (preferably PreK-Class 5)
- Demonstrated ability to consistently juggle competing priorities without direct supervision, meet project deadlines, and meet high performance standards
- Bending, pushing, moving, lifting moderately heavy objects, dexterity of hands and fingers to operate tools and diagnostic equipment, bending, kneeling, and seeing to troubleshoot technology equipment.
- Team player with strong customer-centered communication skills and a detail-oriented mindset.
- Effective communication skills (orally and in writing) to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and parents
- Excellent people skills, organizational abilities, and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to establish and nurture effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and parents
At Dexter Southfield, we promote a culture of excellence that extends beyond academics, athletics, and the arts. We value a diverse and inclusive community in which different identities and perspectives are accepted and respected to create a sense of belonging for all.
To apply for this position, please apply online through our Careers page at www.dextersouthfield.org/careers.