Kingsley Montessori School, Boston, MA
Position Available: Educational Fellow
Kingsley Montessori School is a toddler through sixth grade independent school of 300 students in Boston’s historic Back Bay. Our mission is to engage the mind, hands, and heart of each child to nurture resilient explorers, confident learners, and empathetic citizens. We seek candidates who will reflect and broaden the racial, cultural, and gender diversity of our school community. Kingsley’s high standards of professionalism are maintained through supportive and ongoing supervision and evaluation, development, and growth.
A diverse, equitable, and inclusive community is integral to fulfilling our mission. Kingsley Montessori School strives to be a place where each person feels a sense of belonging and respect, recognizes and appreciates the richness that is added to our community through diversity, and is empowered to take action against injustices. We actively create such a community through our programming, our professional development, and our hiring, admissions, and governance practices.
DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS:
The Educational Fellow is a dynamic position that requires an open-minded, flexible, and proactive attitude for college graduates and/or graduate students with an interest in education. This position allows candidates in the early stages of their careers to work with and learn from experienced teaching teams. Among other duties, the Educational Fellow will assist faculty with classes, organize materials, oversee indoor and outdoor breaks, oversee study halls, offer clubs and other interest-based activities, and share lunch duties. Ideal candidates will have experience working with children and interest in passionately immersing themselves in an independent school. This position involves an initial one semester commitment with the opportunity to renew for another term by mutual agreement. The position is compensated at $20/hr, approximately 40 hours per week, and is eligible for benefits.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Prioritize the safety and well-being of all students during all activities
- Support classroom routines and behavioral expectations
- Maintain professional communication and exhibit a receptive and open demeanor
- Perform arrival, dismissal, lunch, recess, and other support duties as needed
- Participate in and support special events/activities
- Participate in training initiatives and Faculty Professional Development Days
- College degree
- Ability to work cooperatively with students, peers, coworkers, and mentors
- Familiarity with Google Suite, Google Classroom, or Seesaw a plus
TO APPLY, CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND THE FOLLOWING VIA EMAIL TO: Working@Kingsley.org
- A cover letter describing your interest and experience with children and education
- A current resume
- A list of three current/past supervisors with email addresses and phone numbers
Kingsley Montessori School values and celebrates diversity because it makes us a better employer, builds a stronger school community, develops a sense of collaboration, and encourages mutual respect and broader thinking. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.