Early Special Education Teacher
Faculty / Full-Time
German International School Boston, Boston, MA
The Early Childhood Special Education Teacher is an important member of the Early Education and GISB Student Support teams and will ensure an inclusive student experience for our youngest learners. The successful candidate will have experience working with special needs students and developing and implementing tailored educational curriculum for our youngest learners.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure inclusive classrooms by determining student needs through observation and assessment.
- Develop and implement education plans and an overall intervention program.
- Observe and mentor teachers to offer ideas and best practices in the classroom setting.
- Be an active Member of the Student Support Team at GISB.
- Engage directly with caregivers regarding education plans, including pedagogical conferences.
- Meet individually with students, as needed.
- B.A. in special education or related fields, Master of Education preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience providing special education support to children ages 3-7.
- Experience independently developing and implementing learning plans, or similar.
- German language skills are helpful though not required.
- Generous Paid Time Off, including vacation, sick leave, and holidays;
- Excellent healthcare and dental benefits (75% premium covered by the school);
- Retirement account with immediate employer match;
- Flexible Spending Accounts: healthcare, childcare, transportation/parking;
- Tuition remission for dependent children; and
- Professional development opportunities and reimbursement.
German International School Boston
Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School, High School