Early Childhood Assistant Teacher
Brookwood School, Manchester-by-the-Sea, MA
About Brookwood School:
Brookwood is an Early Childhood through Grade 8 independent school of about 300 students located on a beautiful 30-acre wooded campus in Manchester, MA on the coast of the North Shore of Boston. At Brookwood, kids come first—not the test, not trophies, not to-do lists. We know how kids learn best. Every day, we use our expertise to challenge kids intellectually and ensure they feel valued so that they can grow into their best selves. Our program focuses on building 21st century skills and graduating students of conscience, character, compassion, and cultural competence. Brookwood also offers a playful, collaborative work environment for 85 faculty and staff who go the extra mile to do what is best for kids.
Brookwood seeks an outstanding assistant teacher that has a deep knowledge of child development and best practices for teaching young children, exceptional collaborative skills, and an infectious sense of fun. Dedicated to graduating students with cultural competency, Brookwood actively pursues candidates with a strong focus on multiculturalism, equity, and inclusion. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of early childhood development, and tools to guide young children through a successful school day. The candidate will put students’ needs at the center of decision-making, will be a self-reflective educator who models a growth mindset, and will be an inspiration to and collaborator with a high-performing faculty.
- Bachelor’s degree
- One year of experience working with young children
- Commitment to culturally competent teaching practices and social/emotional learning
- Help children to maintain routines and expectations within the classroom and during outdoor activities
- Work in partnership with lead teachers to deliver a developmentally appropriate program
- Facilitate whole group, small group, and 1:1 instruction with planning and guidance from lead teachers
- Partner with lead teachers to communicate regularly with colleagues about the social, emotional, and academic qualities of students.
- Engage in professional development to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion goals at Brookwood.
- Supervise recess, snack, and lunch times to support students’ ability to transfer social skills learned in the classroom to less structured venues.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and résumé to Alicia Drury, receptionist, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Start Date: As soon as possible.
We strongly encourage applications from people of color, LGBTQ educators, or educators from communities that are historically underrepresented in independent schools. We are committed to an inclusive school experience for all those who come to work at Brookwood.