Director of the Annual Fund
Newton Country Day School, Newton, MA
Newton Country Day School, an independent Catholic school for girls in grades 5-12, seeks a Director of the Annual Fund. This is a full-time, 12-month exempt position that reports directly to the Assistant Head of External Relations.
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5-7 years of success in progressively responsible development roles, preferably in the education sector
- Direct solicitation experience and success in closing gifts of $10,000 or more
- Superior project management skills, with an ability to self-direct multifaceted initiatives with a high degree of initiative, integrity, and energy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong work ethic
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Design the overall strategic, creative, and organizational direction for the NCDS Annual Fund across multiple mediums (print, digital, social, interpersonal)
- Reach annual giving dollar and donor objectives and monitor progress against those objectives, with a focus on donor acquisition, retention, and upgrading
- Develop strategies to grow the leadership donor community, including specialized cultivation and stewardship programs
- Manage a pool of leadership annual giving prospects and maintain an active schedule of visits
- Plan and execute the annual NCDS Day of Giving
- Serve as a key member of the capital campaign planning and strategy team
- Actively contribute to a creative, dynamic, collaborative NCDS team, striving to build a highly effective, comprehensive program of fundraising and engagement
- Perform other duties as assigned
NCDS offers a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Newton Country Day is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.