Accredited by NEASC
Director of the Annual Fund
Staff / Full-Time
International School of Boston, Cambridge, MA
Reporting to Chief Advancement Officer, the Director of the Annual Fund is a full-time position that will oversee the execution of the ISB annual giving program, which currently raises $350k each year, and is poised for growth as the school’s strategic priority. The Director will lead all fundraising outreach and key events like the annual Gala and the Giving Day, and identify and manage a portfolio of prospects as a frontline fundraiser. The ideal candidate is an independent, high-performing fundraiser with experience in annual giving in an independent school setting.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive Annual Fund plan and calendar to achieve the budgeted goal through outreach and fundraising events.
- Create strategies to continue growing the donor prospect pool, upgrade donors to higher giving levels, and increase participation among all constituents: parents, grandparents, former families, alumni, faculty and staff.
- Write segmented mailed and electronic appeals, content for the web section on giving and for related social media, and other collateral as needed.
- Plan outreach schedules and messages around the December and Giving Day campaigns.
- Build a volunteer structure of parents, Alumni representatives, and the senior class to support the culture of philanthropy at school.
- Identify opportunities to educate the ISB community about the impact of annual giving.
- Produce monthly status reports, analyze data to refine the Annual Fund strategy.
- Perform data entry, gift processing, and gift acknowledgments.
- Serve as the lead member / project manager of the planning team for the annual Gala.
- Support solicitation of family sponsorships and auction items for the Gala.
- Manage advertiser outreach, payments, and collection of logos/ads.
- Manage billing related to the venue and vendors.
- Support cultivation events for major donors.
- Serve as the liaison with the Parent Teacher Organization (PTO).
- Screen constituents to create a targeted portfolio of prospects and solicitation levels.
- Serve as a frontline fundraiser for a portfolio of donors.
- Support cultivation activities by preparing briefings and gift proposals ahead of time.
- Measure engagement of prospects to determine individual strategy and next steps.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in fundraising.
- Experience with planning and implementing fundraising events.
- Experience soliciting and securing gifts.
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in an independent school setting.
- Knowledge of the French language is desirable.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with precision and efficiency.
International School of Boston
Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School, High School