Director of Technology
Kents Hill School, Readfield, ME
Director of Technology
Kents Hill School is seeking an experienced Technology Director who is passionate about technology and has a proven track record of delivering results in an ever-evolving environment.
As the Director of Technology, you will report to and assist the Chief Technology Officer and be the driving force behind the administration, security, technical support, and use of the school’s Learning Management System, database applications, system configurations, network infrastructure, and software and hardware updates.
We are looking for an all-rounded, versatile person, who can excel in a multi-platform environment, be hands-on, be patient, adaptable, and foster a culture of excellence, innovation, and collaboration. We look for our technology department to be customer centric, with our constituents’ positive relationship with technology being the key driver of success.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of the school’s network infrastructure, student information systems, instructional devices, digital resources, devices, and equipment to support the teaching, learning, and workplace environments
- Execute a comprehensive technology strategy that is aligned with the school’s mission, vision, and values, including a demonstrated commitment to equity work.
- Serve as the lead for information security initiatives. Maintain compliance, data governance, and compliance plans for operating systems with sensitive, confidential, and private client data. Ensure information security policy is reviewed and updated semiannually.
- Maintain and manage security group/role assignments across key technology platforms to ensure access permissions are granted on an as-needed basis.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including employees, vendors, students, and families, to ensure alignment and collaboration across the organization.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, including up-to-date documentation. Assist with change management, training, and user acceptance testing to ensure successful completion of projects.
- Manage the technology budget with a keen eye for detail, ensuring effective resource allocation and delivering regular reporting and analysis to senior leadership.
- Thorough knowledge of the techniques and concepts used in designing and creating data structures and verification procedures to ensure data security, data back-ups, system updates and recovery.
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery and business continuity plans to ensure business operations continue seamlessly in the event of an outage or other emergency. Act as technical/project support liaison between Technology Department and third-party vendors to address major upgrades, interruptions in service, and/or project-specific initiatives.
- Technology support, including printers/copiers and helpdesk
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience and background.
- Knowledge and curiosity of emerging technologies and industry trends, with the ability to translate technical concepts into actionable plans.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical matters effectively with people of varying skills and background, including board members, supervisors, school faculty and staff, students, and city/state officials and law enforcement.
- Experience in the K-12 instructional application of technology.
- Knowledge and experience in boarding school specific technology equipment, systems, and applications.
- Experience with Linux, computer coding and script writing.
Other Responsibilities and Duties:
- Share on-call duty with CTO
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a letter of interest and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kents Hill School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.