Director of Summer and Auxiliary Programs
Glen Urquhart School, Beverly, MA
Glen Urquhart School Director of Summer and Auxiliary Programs
Position beginning Fall 2022
About Us: Glen Urquhart School (GUS), is an independent, coeducational day school for students in Pre-K through grade eight. Located 45 minutes north of Boston in Beverly Farms, GUS was founded in 1977 with an experiential, place-based philosophy that integrates all subjects and creates opportunities for students to be passionate in their pursuit of knowledge.
Description: We seek an experienced professional to serve as Director of Summer and Auxiliary Programs. The Director of Summer and Auxiliary Programs develops, implements, and oversees non-tuition, revenue-generating programs utilizing the physical and human resources of Glen Urquhart School in support of the School’s mission. This position is responsible for overseeing the aftercare, transportation, EXPLORE@GUS, FUN@GUS and SUMMER@GUS programs including the hiring and supervision of year round and seasonal staff supporting these programs. The position reports to the Head of School. This is a year-round, full-time position with benefits.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Directing the SUMMER@GUS operations, an ACA Accredited camp, with an outstanding reputation throughout the North Shore
- Developing and overseeing sustainable, revenue-generating programs during the school year, including aftercare and vacation programming
- Representing the school in professional organizations such as AISNE, SPARC, ACA and MCA
- Hiring and supervising personnel who directly manage income-producing programs
- Assuring consistency and integrity in the financial operations of each program
- Overseeing program development and implementation based on profitability
- Assessing the impact of each program, both financially and strategically, on the mission of GUS and its position in the marketplace
- As a contributing member of the GUS administrative team, working together to ensure that the school community is actively fulfilling the school’s mission and vision
Qualifications: At GUS, we recognize that there are innumerable ways to learn, grow, and excel professionally. When reviewing applications we take a broad look at the experience of each applicant in order to get to know you and the unique strengths you will bring to the work. That said, we are most likely to be interested in your candidacy if you demonstrate the majority of the qualifications and experiences listed below:
- A bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred)
- Five to seven years of administrative leadership experience in working with recreational children’s youth camping in a non-profit setting
- Experience working with children
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Top-notch organizational skills
- An entrepreneurial background
- Familiarity with marketing
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and list of three references via email with the subject line “Director of Summer and Auxiliary Programs” to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Glen Urquhart School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic background, age, disability, or military service in its hiring, employment or other programs and activities.