Director of Stockbridge Theatre
Pinkerton Academy, Derry, NH
DIRECTOR OF STOCKBRIDGE THEATRE
We are seeking a director for Stockbridge Theatre to join Pinkerton Academy’s thriving community. The director will serve as a member of the management team and an educational leader promoting Pinkerton Academy’s mission and vision. This position is responsible for the daily overall operations of the Stockbridge Theatre, including scheduling and coordinating fine and performing arts activities; coordinating ticket sales, and providing support for activities, events, and performances. The director will develop innovative arts collaborations, partnerships, and connections on campus with students, faculty, staff, and off-campus with key community partners through performing and visual arts. The director will serve as the public face for culture at Pinkerton Academy, promoting the arts across campus and the community as well as the state of New Hampshire. The scope of the director position requires a flexible schedule to include frequent evenings and weekends and to maintain a visible leadership role in the community and a presence in the larger theater community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts Administration, Art, Art History, Fine Arts, Educational Administration, Public Administration or a closely related field, a minimum of five years of relevant professional experience, and demonstrated capability in working with arts and lecture programs. Master’s degree and/or equivalent direct experience in the development of arts programming and familiarity with theater operations preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in managing people and budgets, the ability to provide technical guidance and input into the technical operations of the theater (stage, lighting, sound, and communications design), and computer literacy with knowledge of Google applications and ShoWare Box Office Ticketing software.
- Ability to gain the respect and support of various constituencies, including the Board of Directors and staff, donors, and community leaders.
- Demonstrated track record with respect to detail orientation, accuracy, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising and/or grant writing.
To learn more about the position and apply please go directly to our website at: https://phl.applitrack.com/pinkertonacademy/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=Theatre
This is a full-time, year-round, salaried, exempt, benefit position.