Director of Marketing & Communications
Ursuline Academy, Dedham, MA
Ursuline Academy seeks a skilled, experienced, and organized professional for the position of Director of Marketing & Communications. This is a full-time, non-exempt position, beginning June 2022.
Reporting to the Chief Enrollment Officer, the Director of Marketing & Communications is responsible for creating, implementing, and supervising an effective communications program that advances the mission of Ursuline Academy. The Director of Marketing & Communications has primary responsibility for the marketing and public relations efforts to promote the school across multi-media platforms and to all constituent groups.
- Work with senior leadership to define the positioning of Ursuline Academy and the key messages to support admissions, advancement, and schoolhouse efforts.
- Ensure consistent brand messaging as well as a high level of quality reflected in all communications: digital, social media, and print.
- Function as webmaster for UrsulineAcademy.net.
- Communicate the achievements and accomplishments of Ursuline students and the Academy to internal constituents as well as to the general public through press releases, newsletters, and/or social media.
- Supervise Digital Communications staff in developing content for the school’s social media channels and maintaining constant updates.
- Partner with the Enrollment Management Team and external media partner(s) to create an admissions marketing plan, including a comprehensive digital media campaign and the execution of select print materials or video features.
- Partner with the Advancement Team to support annual fund, events, and focused efforts to promote alumnae engagement.
- Produce two annual advancement publications: Serviam Magazine and the Annual Report.
- Assist with other duties in support of enrollment and advancement goals as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing or related field required from an accredited institution.
- 3-5 years of marketing, public relations or digital media experience, preferably in an independent school or higher education setting required.
- Knowledge of best practices for marketing, website, and social media campaigns.
- Knowledge of Finalsite or other website platforms is a plus.
- Strong organization, written and verbal communication, listening, and presentation skills.
- All prospective employees must be able to adequately clear a background check.
If interested, please email a cover letter including examples of prior success in a similar environment, resume, and list of references to Mrs. Catherine Solomon, Chief Enrollment Officer, at email@example.com.