Director of Marketing & Communications
Notre Dame Academy, Hingham, Hingham, MA
Director of Marketing & Communications
Notre Dame Academy – Hingham, MA
Located in Hingham, Massachusetts, Notre Dame Academy (NDA) is an all-female Catholic college preparatory school for students in grades 7-12 sponsored by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur. NDA seeks a skilled Director of Marketing and Communications to join its leadership
team. Working in close partnership with the President and other key stakeholders, the Director will implement an effective communications process designed to clarify messaging to internal and external audiences, prioritize customer service, streamline workflows across the organization, refine the school’s brand, and deepen the community’s connection to the school. The Director will play an essential role in promoting Notre Dame Academy’s values, traditions, and mission and help to shape the long-term vision for the school.
Reporting to the President, the successful candidate will be an exceptional relationship builder and storyteller who leads with confidence and self-awareness. As a member of the Senior Administrative Team, the Director will enjoy solving problems and demonstrate initiative, creativity, and empathy. Patient and cheerfully persistent, she/he will be a natural persuaded, adept at building consensus and gaining buy-in while initiating best practices and processes designed to improve the daily operations of the school. A thought partner to the President, the Director will provide strategic advice for both emergent and long-term planning and help to articulate a clear vision and identity for the school. A mission-driven professional, the successful candidate will enthusiastically support the education of young women and will be passionately engaged in the life of the school.
- Reflect, articulate, and promote the mission, vision, and identity of Notre Dame Academy.
- Create, implement, and measure the success of a comprehensive marketing and communications program that will enhance NDA’s image and position and facilitate internal and external communications.
- Manage the strategic and creative design marketing and communications activities and materials relative to:
- NDA Student Experience, including academics, co-curricular activities and athletics
- Enrollment Management
- Institutional Advancement
- Website, social media, video production
- Media Relations
- Manage the Marketing and Communications staff–currently consisting of a marketing and communications manager and website administrator–and work closely with the Chief Information Officer.
- Articulate NDA’s desired image and position and ensure consistent communication of image and position to all audiences. Establish a positioning statement, graphic
guidelines, and standards for key pieces of communications (logos, color palette, corporate identity, stationery, email signatures, video, key printed materials, website, social media).
- Promote integrated NDA experiences by working with key constituencies, including faculty, parents, students, alumnae, and the public.
- Promote key NDA strategic initiatives, including Cuvilly program, Billiart Leadership Institute and 1804 Society.
- Design, produce, and distribute all NDA publications, including Vita! magazine (bi-annual).
- Coordinate media interest in NDA and ensure regular contact with target media and
appropriate response to media inquiries.
- Conduct relevant market research, monitor trends, and coordinate and oversee learning. Planning and Budgeting
- Achieve marketing and communications goals and financial objectives.
- Ensure that evaluation systems, including benchmarks, are in place related to these goals and objectives.
- Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing and communications program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence, and evaluate performance.
- Design, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the successful operation of the marketing and communications function.
- Provide support to the President in local and community affairs, marketing, and writing activities.
- Provide support to the President in developing an internal communications strategy.
- Provide support to ensure school culture reflects the NDA mission and hallmarks of Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur.
- Develop and coordinate means to seek regular input from key stakeholders regarding the quality of the educational experience.
- Demonstrates compassion, curiosity, and kindness toward colleagues and all members of the wider school community.
- A team player who values relationship building and has the desire and ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders, including members of the leadership team, faculty, staff, students and parent volunteers.
- Understands appreciates, and articulates the mission of NDA.
- Demonstrates skills, knowledge, and experience in the design and execution of marketing and communications activities.
- Possesses strong creative, strategic, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Experienced in developing and managing budgets, hiring, training, developing, supervising, and evaluating personnel.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications, website management, and social media content creation and management.
- Computer literacy in word processing, database management, and page layout, including experience with Adobe Creative Suites and MS Office products and other tools.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to blend attractive design and high functionality in all projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and responsibly while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in marketing, communications, or public relations with demonstrated success.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, and/or public relations preferred. A graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
Notre Dame Academy invites candidates to join in this process who bring a substantive and varied combination of educational pursuits and lived experiences that demonstrate the capacity to make a meaningful contribution as a senior leader within its community.
Interested candidates, please contact Narwhal Talent Partners:
by voice or text
Peter G. Hamilton | (617) 620-9268
Christian G. Henry | (857) 285-3364
by email email@example.com
All inquiries are treated as confidential.