Director of Marketing and Communications
Shore Country Day School, Beverly, MA
Shore Country Day School seeks a creative, collaborative, and innovative strategist to develop highly effective marketing campaigns and communications as its Director of Marketing and Communications. Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Director of Marketing and Communications is a key leader who relies on significant teamwork within the school to successfully create, lead, and implement integrated communication and marketing plan in support of the school’s overall strategic plan and objectives. This position works closely with senior administrators and other key constituents and supervises the Digital Content Specialist.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of strategic communications and integrated marketing experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Marketing and Communications
- Articulate, present, and promote the mission, vision, brand identity, and value proposition of Shore Country Day School to internal and external audiences in order to drive prospective family interest, generate affinity, retain current families, and inspire engagement
- Develop and implement a marketing and communications plan, including strategies for market research, brand initiatives, advertising, public relations, and more
- Enforce brand standards across the school community and maintain a centralized calendar
- Provide strategic, creative, and editorial direction for print and digital materials including school website, publications, admissions and enrollment collateral, fundraising materials, and communications from the Office of the Head of School
- Develop strategies to meet marketing, enrollment, fundraising, and engagement goals, working in partnership with the Office of the Head of School, Admissions, Advancement, Alumni Relations, Athletics, Arts, SeaShore, Summer Shore, and more
- Manage all multimedia channels including school website, social media, video production, and digital and print materials
- Direct graphic design projects including print and digital ad design
- Serve as the primary spokesperson for the school, intentionally working to build positive media and community relations, and serve as the school’s spokesperson in crisis communications
- Write and produce feature content for the annual Bulletin magazine, website, and other communications; oversee all other content production
- Ensure that the marketing and communications plan aligns and supports the school’s overall strategic plan
- Develop and coordinate opportunities for feedback from key constituencies to inform the overall strategies of the school
- Serve as a public relations strategist to the Head of School, writing talking points, scripts, speeches, and communications as needed
- Collaborate across the organization with internal and external stakeholders and partners, including school administrators, colleagues, prospective and current families, trustees, Parents Association volunteers, vendors, and others
- Manage, evaluate, and oversee the Digital Content Specialist
- Create and manage the department budget in partnership with the Director of Advancement
- Report progress and metrics against goals and benchmarks on a regular basis, making recommendations to adjust the overall marketing and communications plan as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Commitment to the mission and values of Shore Country Day School, including the Community Code and Equity and Inclusion Commitment
- Proven track record in marketing and communications strategy and management with experience in a school or similar setting preferred
- Demonstrated people and project management skills with an ability to align key messages and appropriate channels while effectively collaborating with and guiding diverse partners through multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional skills in written (writing, editing, proofreading) and oral communications; experienced with crafting targeted messages for multiple audiences
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational, design, and sales skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and an ability to balance competing priorities while meeting deadlines
- Experience with traditional communication methods and channels and a curiosity for emerging and innovative forums, tools, platforms and technologies that enable the school to improve its communication strategies
- Team player with a sense of humor and a proven ability to work in collaboration within cross-functional partnerships
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Cloud applications and workflow; fluency with Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and Lightroom; and familiarity with web content management systems (Blackbaud preferred)
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three examples of creative work for which the candidate was primarily responsible to the attention of Katie Kozin, Director of Advancement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates with diverse backgrounds and lived experiences are strongly encouraged to apply.
A criminal background check will be conducted.
EQUITY AND INCLUSION COMMITMENT
- We are a safe community that empowers the exploration and expression of our true selves.
- We thrive because we confront bias and honor the diverse identities of all people.
- We pursue individual and systemic cultural competence in order to model equity leadership in a complex world.