Director of Marketing and Communications
Fontbonne: The Early College of Boston, Milton, MA
- Create and revise Fontbonne’s Strategic Communications Plan to define how to best position the school, identify different stakeholders, and develop best practices to increase audience engagement.
- Create print and electronic communication streams with photo and video for Fontbonne’s carried constituent groups (parents, alumnae, donors, prospective families, etc). This includes managing the weekly parent e-newsletter, the semi-annual print newsletter, The Fountain, the Annual report, Admissions and marketing materials, as well as other communications.
- Cultivate relationships with media, both local and national, and seek positive coverage for Fontbonne.
- Work with the Assistant Head of School for Advancement and Director of Admissions to innovate new ways to use PR tactics in collaboration with paid and organic influencers programs, paid media, social media, and internal content creators to raise brand awareness. Amplify brand stories, user stories and video content by strategically using PR channels. Continually use metrics to steer activities and increase effectiveness of tactics over time.
- Establish and maintain direct relationships with media organizations and key figures that reach target personae.
- Maintain a content database for all press and media contacts.
- Become a key advisor for Fontbonne’s content. Advocate for news-ready content, and secure stories that can make successful PR placements and build brand awareness and engagement.
- Keep abreast of key collaborators and competitors’ content as well as industry trends.
- Maintain Fontbonne’s website by keeping the web interface and content fresh, interactive and compelling.
- Responsible for documenting and promoting school events.
- Manage vendors and consultants contracted for communications projects.
- Willingness and desire to actively participate in organizations and associations that support the mission of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Boston and Catholic School education.
- Understanding the mission, charism, and vision of Fontbonne and its sponsor, the Sisters of St. Joseph, and the ability to support and accurately communicate the image and mission to internal and external constituencies.
- Excellent writing and communication skills and strong attention to detail, with proven expertise in creating press releases, speaking points and translating product messaging appropriately for each output.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain working relationships with journalists and influencers.
- Self starter, critical thinker, and positive team-player who will thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Good understanding of branding and brand management concepts.
- Excellent knowledge of public relations and communications principles and practices, including social media programs.
- Strong desktop publishing skills: MS Word, MS Publisher, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop
- Strong relational, organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, work as part of a team, and focus on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some weekends and evenings.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing and Communications or related field.
- 3-5 years of marketing and content creation experience.
- Experience in managing Google Analytics and other analytics software.
- Knowledge or previous experience with CRMs.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter, resume, references, and salary requirement in an MS Word or PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should also submit an example of a press release, blog post, social media post, or a sample communication plan. Kindly include the job title in the subject line.