Director of Innovation
Fay School, Southborough, MA
Director of Innovation
The Director of Innovation oversees the acquisition, implementation, management, and use of systems, networks, and other technology to support and advance the mission of Fay School. The Director provides vision, leadership, and development of an ongoing, integrated technology strategy to meet the School’s current and future needs. The Director leads a technology team comprised of a Network and Systems Administrator, an Application Support Specialist, a Creativity and Design Technology Support Specialist, and a Technology and AV Support Specialist. The Director reports to the Head of School and is a member of the Head’s Administrative Team. This is a full-time, 12-month position that is eligible for benefits.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing, communicating, and implementing a comprehensive plan to manage the collection, storage, organization, and sharing of information that is valuable to the School
- Leading cross-department teams and forming strong partnerships with offices throughout the School to promote and nurture an innovative, forward-thinking culture
- Identifying new possibilities for the use of technology to support the work of faculty, staff, and students, and implementing short- and long-term technology improvements and enhancements
- Establishing and maintaining school-wide technology policies, regulations, system standards, and operating procedures
- Managing the technology budget, procuring equipment and services, and gaining economies of scale in order to ensure a stable, reliable, and innovative technology infrastructure
- Managing a technology department responsible for:
- Maintaining the internal technology infrastructure, including firewall, enterprise switches, site networks, ethernet, and an integrated wireless infrastructure;
- Supporting and maintaining the School’s new Center for Creativity & Design
- Overseeing the operations of systems and technology platforms, including Blackbaud, Google Apps, and other on-campus and cloud-hosted services critical to the School’s operations;
- Delivering a high level of customer service to all members of the school community
The ideal candidate will have at least five years’ experience in a strategic technology leadership role, preferably in an independent school or other nonprofit organization. A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree is preferred. Candidates are expected to have excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be well organized, detail-oriented, and results-driven; and should enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. Knowledge of ITSM frameworks and a sound understanding of enterprise data concepts are essential.
The Director must be skillful in collaborating with different teams and departments, building consensus, and resolving complex problems quickly, creatively, and independently. The Director must be able to interact effectively in a culturally diverse community of parents, students, faculty, and staff and be able to communicate technological concepts to non-technical users. Fay School seeks candidates who will reflect and enhance the racial, ethnic, cultural, and gender diversity of our school community.
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, and list of three references via email with the subject line “Director of Innovation” to email@example.com.
Fay School, 48 Main Street, Southborough, MA 01772
Fay School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic background, age, disability, or military service in its hiring, employment or other programs and activities.