Director of Enrollment Management
Portsmouth Abbey School, Portsmouth, RI
The Director of Enrollment Management at Portsmouth Abbey School is a member of the Senior Leadership Team and is responsible for leading the strategic and operational components of enrollment, including developing the research necessary to inform decision-making, oversight of student recruitment, admissions, financial aid, and discussions and data tracking of the retention of current students. Portsmouth Abbey’s Director of Enrollment Management is passionate about the School’s mission of “helping young men and women grow in knowledge and grace.” As a Benedictine boarding and day school committed to excellence, the School embraces the Catholic faith while nurturing reverence for God and the human person, love of learning, and commitment to community life. The Director of Enrollment Management leads enrollment management discussions and manages the Admission Office’s 6 full and part-time staff and is responsible for all admission and financial aid staff, activities, and budgets for the recruitment of both boarding and day students. Working closely with the Head of School, Assistant Head for Academics, Chief Financial Officer, Director of Marketing & Communications, Director of Parent Relations, and Director of Advancement, the Director guides all processes that support the School’s enrollment and reenrollment efforts.
The Director plays a vital role in Portsmouth Abbey’s community and will be expected to strengthen the enrollment management infrastructure, starting with the existing strengths of the Admission Office, along with providing leadership in the facilitation of an enrollment management mindset. The Director of Enrollment Management will conduct research and implement strategies to ensure that the School achieves the enrollment goals set by the Board of Regents and Head of School.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership in enrollment management, which includes admission, financial aid, marketing, and recruitment.
- Directs the process of attracting, enrolling, and retaining students at Portsmouth Abbey, managing staff, activities, and budgets for recruiting both boarding and day students.
- Responsible for developing and executing a strategic recruitment and enrollment plan in accordance with the School’s mission, to promote essential elements of diversity in the student body and achieve enrollment and admission goals set by the Board of Regents and Head of School.
- Organizes and administers the School’s financial aid program and budget in conjunction with the Director of Financial Aid and Head of School.
- Manages new student enrollment and the reenrollment of current students by working in close connection with school leadership.
- Understands and informs the Leadership Team, admission staff and community about research, demographics and relevant enrollment trends, ensuring that changes and challenges are anticipated, understood, and addressed.
- Works directly and in collaboration with the communications/marketing team on conveying the mission and vision of the School and overseeing the management and creation of all admission publications and communications, including the school’s view book and other print materials, social media, and the website.
- Develops an annual Admission and Enrollment Action Plan with goals and objectives which includes plans directing the admission operations and recruitment goals.
- Ensures the internal constituents understand and embrace a customer service orientation intended for all families from the prospective to enrolled phases.
- Attends Board of Regents and Board External Affairs Committee meetings and is involved in strategic planning and keeps the Board fully apprised of the School’s admission & financial endeavors.
- Maintains statistical and trend data related to admission and enrollment. Presents statistical and trend information to the Leadership team, Board of Regents, and faculty.
- Manages an Admission Office staff of 6.
- Works closely with the Director of Parent Relations in coordinating the Admission Office volunteer network.
- Works closely with the Office of Student Life and Office of Academic Affairs on retention-related issues.
- Provides training and professional development opportunities for admission staff.
- Participates as an active member of the Leadership Team.
- Directs the entire application review process.
- Strategizes and travels to promote the School to include school visits, fairs, and regional receptions throughout North and South America, Asia, the Caribbean, and other potential markets.
- Oversees all on-campus visitation programs, including interviews, open houses, and spring accepted student programs.
- Represents the School at public events, on and off campus.
- Maintains and encourages relationships with sending schools, school placement officers, and consultants.
- Represents Portsmouth Abbey in all appropriate organizations and professional communities.
- Is an integral leader for the school community and participates in daily life of the School.
- Extends oneself beyond the responsibilities of a job description when the need arises. Assists Head of School with all other duties as assigned.
This is a 12-month, full-time, exempt position that includes housing, tuition remission, 403(b), health insurance and other benefits.
Please submit in an electronic file, your resume, a one to two-page cover letter, and names and contact information of three references directed to: Christine H. Baker at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit materials by February 7, 2022.