Director of Engagement
MetroWest Jewish Day School, Framingham, MA
MetroWest Jewish Day School is hiring a Director of Engagement to lead our student recruitment, enrollment, and development efforts.
MetroWest Jewish Day School (MWJDS) is a vibrant and innovative PK-8 pluralistic Jewish day school that nurtures students and challenges them to reach their potential on their journeys of learning and discovery. Nestled among the woods in Framingham, Massachusetts, MWJDS customizes an individualized approach to optimize each student’s learning, balancing the levels of support and challenge they need to thrive according to their academic and emotional profile. Here, people of all Jewish observances learn and grow in an environment of academic excellence and mutual respect. Our low student-to-teacher ratio enables us to fulfill our commitment to “educating children according to their path” (Proverbs), and we firmly hold that all good education is differentiated education because all learners are unique.
As the MWJDS Director of Engagement, you will be the key business leader on our Leadership Team, responsible for building our student body and bringing in the resources we need to educate the next generation of proud, knowledgeable, and responsible Jews who are empowered to strengthen our communal life and the world beyond.
What you’ll do
- Community Engagement You will be the face of the school when it comes to recruitment, marketing, and donor and alumni relations. You will build and maintain strong relationships with current and prospective families, alumni, and supporters, and foster collaborative partnerships with outside organizations (Jewish organizations. and local businesses) to market the school, attract new students, partner for events, and develop fundraising opportunities. You will strengthen or develop strategies and programming to identify and keep founding members, alumni, and donors close to this school that they care for and collaborate with the Head of School regarding donor meetings with current and potential contributors. You will lead our team in public relations for recruitment and development, including press releases, social media, and paid media.
- Recruitment and enrollment From point of inquiry through matriculation, you will grow our student body. By overseeing our recruitment and admissions processes you will become the primary point of contact for families and their shepherd through the application process. In managing our internal processes, from application paperwork to internal decision-making and communications, you will become our expert in enrollment trends and needs. You will develop and implement specific strategies for student retention, oversee the Admission Decision committee, collaborate with the Head of School regarding tuition negotiations and offers, and maintain all recruitment materials (print and digital).
- Development You will envision and implement the school’s fundraising efforts, through donor development, corporate partnerships, and pursuing grant opportunities.
- Strategic Planning You will design and implement a comprehensive strategic plan to lead MWJDS into its next recruitment and fundraising phase. The plan will include recruitment and enrollment, a fundraising plan with donor development (private and corporate) and grants, and the necessary plans for marketing and budgeting for these efforts.
- Data Management You will use data to inform your strategy, maintaining databases for enrollment, donor and alumni relations, and development. You will co-develop and manage budgets for admissions and development and deliver reports regarding enrollment and development statistics and analysis to the Board of Directors and the school leadership team as needed.
- Event planning and coordination You will design, plan, and carry out donor and community events. This includes several large events and more frequent targeted campaigns for fundraising, as well as events for introducing the school to prospective families. You will actively participate in school events related to retention and recruitment, including all major school events that involve students.
What you’ll need
We are looking for someone who can take initiative, is a collaborative “people person”, and is committed to building our Jewish Day School.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and at least three years of similar experience.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a hunger to build something great.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with external partners and colleagues.
- Demonstrated success in project management with strong organizational skills, systems thinking, and attention to detail.
- Relationship building skills to build community with current and prospective school community members and supporters.
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- A dedication to the mission of MWJDS and a desire to “sell” what we do.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office/G-Suite, as well as targeted software for enrollment (eg. School Admin, FACTS) and development software (eg. Donor Perfect).
- Experience in an independent school setting.
- Experience at a Jewish Day School is a major plus.
- Prior sales experience, especially in locating and nurturing leads to actuality
Salary and benefits
The salary range for this position is $105K to $115K, based on experience. We offer numerous benefits including health/vision/dental insurance, personal, vacation, and sick time, and some flexibility during “summer hours”. We are closed on Jewish and national holidays.
Structure and team
The Director of Engagement reports directly to the Head of School and is the key business leader on our Leadership Team. We are a small school with a passionate, driven, and collaborative team.
MetroWest Jewish Day School has hired KnightVision Education to facilitate this search process. Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in MWJDS directly to firstname.lastname@example.org