Director of Development and Alumni Relations
Rocky Hill Country Day School, East Greenwich, RI
Rocky Hill Country Day School seeks an experienced Director of Development and Alumni Relations to collaborate on strategic initiatives and to lead the development efforts of the school.
Rocky Hill Country Day focuses on innovative teaching and an interactive, inquiry-based educational experience to ensure that RHCD students grow to become navigators, critical thinkers, citizens, and communicators, who are innovative, self-aware, ethical, and globally-minded. Our diverse student body is made up of domestic and international students, and our intentionally small school community allows for individualized instruction and creates a familial setting throughout campus. Overlooking acres of saltwater marsh and Narragansett Bay, Rocky Hill Country Day School’s stunning campus fosters exploration and discovery for students in all divisions, nursery through grade 12. Rocky Hill Country Day School graduates are bold learners, prepared to navigate a complex and changing world.
Start date: Immediately
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Asst. Head of School for Advancement, implement the School’s fundraising plan and execute strategies to increase giving.
- Solicit individual leadership gifts for the school’s annual fund and major gift prospects for annual and campaign priorities.
- Oversee and manage the alumni relations program fostering engagement and giving.
- Manage stewardship efforts in the recognition and encouragement of donor philanthropy.
- Lead the volunteer management efforts as the School’s liaison to both the Parent Teacher League and the Alumni Board.
- Execute the communications plan between the School and its various constituencies to foster giving.
- Value and embrace the School’s mission and serve as an ambassador of its programs and pedagogy.
- Collaborate and communicate with all members of the school community to be able to best represent the mission and educational objectives of the School.
- Keep up to date with advancement trends by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by, and in support of, the Head of School.
- Report to the Assistant Head of School for Advancement.
The candidate will possess the following:
- Five years of progressively responsible fundraising experience, including major gift fundraising.
- Collaborative leadership style and desire to partner with administrators, teachers, students, and staff to advance the mission of the School.
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail, facility with data, time management, and creative problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across mediums.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality.
- An innovative, growth mindset.
- Knowledge of diversity, equity, and inclusion practices and commitment to ongoing growth in this area.
- Fluency in the use of development database systems and MS Office applications.
Education & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree, with a master’s degree preferred.
- Familiarity with an independent school setting desired.
Founded in 1934, Rocky Hill Country Day School is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory day school in East Greenwich, RI made up of 300 students in nursery through grade 12. To learn more about our community, please visit www.rockyhill.org. Our waterfront campus is on the Potowomut peninsula and offers a unique setting, where students and faculty alike demonstrate a sense of energy, imagination, and entrepreneurial spirit. Rocky Hill Country Day School stands firmly behind the principle that the admission of students, the employment of faculty and staff, the operation of programs, and the governance of the School be open to all who are qualified regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.
If this description speaks to you and you love working in a fast-paced and rewarding community, please send a cover letter and resume BY EMAIL ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org.