Director of Development
MetroWest Jewish Day School, Framingham,
MetroWest Jewish Day School is seeking a full-time Director of Development.
Founded in 2002, MetroWest Jewish Day School (MWJDS) is a rich and vibrant community school in Framingham, MA. We are a nurturing institution where children are highly engaged in their education and inspired to learn so they can excel within our school and the world beyond our doors. Our dedicated teaching staff, invested parents, active Board of Directors, and committed donors make it possible for us to deliver an exceptional Jewish and secular education with an individualized level of attention to our students that is not easily replicated at other schools. Learn more about us at www.mwjds.org.
We invite applications from creative, organized, entrepreneurial professionals who are excited about our mission and community.
The Director of Development reports directly to the Head of School and sets the strategy for our fundraising efforts.
Job responsibilities include:
- Create the annual development plan
- Lead and oversee the annual campaign
- Engage donors directly, including stewardship and solicitations
- Maintain donor database and manage departmental budget
- Research prospective donors, foundations, and grant makers
- Lead grant application process from identification and application to ongoing management and reporting
- Generate appeal letters, event invitations and related materials, gift acknowledgements, and pledge invoices
- Contribute content to promotional materials, annual report, and weekly newsletter
- Coordinate the Development Committee, part of the Board
- Prepare monthly updates for Board and present to Board as requested
- Collaborate with the Director of Admissions and Community Engagement to create and coordinate marketing strategy and related messaging
- Collaborate with Marketing/ Communication regarding events, direct marketing appeals
- Contribute to overall school activities as assigned by the Head of School
This position requires that the applicant possess a bachelor’s degree and a minimum 3 years of documented professional experience related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Skills and Attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement long- and short-range development initiatives using strategic planning processes
- The ability to self-start, execute and implement new development strategy
- Exceptional interpersonal and community relations skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse constituencies
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage volunteers by engaging them in support of the school through fundraising, consultation, and advocacy
- Ability to exercise good judgment, to demonstrate an understanding of ethics related to development activities, and to use discretion in interactions with donors, prospects, volunteers, and others
- Demonstrated organizational skills and experience in managing events and other complex activities in support of development objectives
- Ability to foster effective working relationships within a team environment and to network in the community
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present in person effectively to small and large groups
- Database management skills; experience with and proficiency in Microsoft Suite, G Suite, Constant Contact, SFDC and DonorPerfect or other fundraising software
- Passion for Jewish education, a plus
- Active contacts in the Greater Boston Jewish area, a bonus