Director of Development
Atrium School, Watertown, MA
Director of Development, Atrium School
Atrium seeks an experienced development & advancement professional with experience in, and/or knowledge of independent schools and nonprofits. The successful candidate cherishes a just and equitable approach to progressive education and will enjoy interacting with students, parents, teachers, and community members in a warm, joyful school. He/she/they will work alongside Board members and administrative colleagues to help ensure the long-term financial health of the school.
If you seek a leadership position, this is an exciting opportunity to build philanthropy and a strong alumni community at a young school (founded in 1982).
- leading the annual Atrium Fund;
- planning and managing key events and working with the PTA;
- collaborating on Atrium’s Comprehensive Campaign, and relationship-building with a portfolio of donors.
- Ultimately, leading Atrium’s vision, strategy, planning, and execution for fundraising, including endowment-building;
- overseeing & managing precise and complete database records;
- planning and carrying out events;
- leading alumni relations;
- contributing collaboratively to strategic vision, communications, and external messaging.
Further, the ideal candidate:
- is a proven project manager who excels at both minding the nitty-gritty details of a project and also connecting the details to their broader purpose.
- is skilled at event planning, playing a key role in big and small details from beginning to end.
- relishes the effective use of technology to advance a mission.
- is a fantastic communicator, both in writing and speaking.
- is a genuine, warm, and effective colleague, and who works well within a close-knit team.
- demonstrates flexibility, adaptability, and a highly positive attitude – traits prized at Atrium.
Atrium is located in the rapidly growing arts, culture & technology-rich East End of Watertown on the Cambridge line. At Atrium, diverse experiences, backgrounds, personalities, thinking, and identities help us be better. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply. To apply, please send via email a letter of interest, a resume, and three professional references. Submit to Renee Curtin (email@example.com) and Marshall Carter (firstname.lastname@example.org).