Director of Communications and Marketing
Eaglebrook School, Deerfield, MA
ABOUT EAGLEBROOK SCHOOL
Eaglebrook is a junior boarding and day school for boys in grades six, seven, eight, and nine located in Deerfield, Massachusetts. Founded in 1922, Eaglebrook’s vision is to help each student develop his unique gifts during the important middle school years, and our mission is to meet boys where they are in their development and to encourage them to build self-confidence through success. Eaglebrook offers a rich and diverse curriculum geared toward the learning styles of middle school boys.
The Director of Communications and Marketing oversees cohesive communications and marketing strategy that advances Eaglebrook’s national and global impact and image. The Director serves as a partner with administrators in overseeing communications messages and media that are individually savvy and strategically integrated to benefit the school’s academic, residential life, recruitment, engagement with its constituencies, and fundraising activities. The Director works to lead the deployment of publications, website tools, branding, and technologies that strategically advance student recruitment, student and alumni engagement, and fundraising. Opportunity/requirement to teach, advise, coach, participate in residential life are an integral part of this position.
Head of School
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and creative communications and marketing plan to engage prospective families, families of current students, alumni, and past parents and share the stories of Eaglebrook in conformance with the school’s marketing plan.
- Partner with administrators to develop marketing strategies in conformance with the school’s marketing plan.
- Develop clear and compelling digital and print content that is reflective of the school’s dynamic programs, activities, and events, and captures the energy and excitement of school life, student learning, and growth. This includes writing text and capturing and editing photos and video for use on social media and the website, and in publications.
- Manage the school’s image and video library to leverage content as needed.
- Maintain the school’s visual brand through the use of appropriate imagery, style, and text.
- Create and maintain the content of the school’s website and social media accounts.
- Oversee the production of the school’s print publications.
- Manage the Assistant Director of Communications and the school photographer.
- Manage deadlines and projects for the school’s off-campus graphic designer, videographer, printer, and other vendors.
- Lead the school’s crisis communications.
- To raise the profile of Eaglebrook School internationally using an authentic voice that is mission-based
- To improve marketing strategies that will attract students from new communities around the globe
- A bachelor’s degree and experience in marketing or communications.
- Strong and versatile writer with editing skills
- Strong video production and photography skills
- Strong and effective communicator and presenter
- Ability to balance priorities and multiple projects and thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to motivate, engage, and work collaboratively across the school and with students
- An appreciation and enthusiasm for Eaglebrook School’s mission and values and the ability to incorporate them in communications and marketing plans across media types.
- Expertise in all relevant social media platforms.
- Similar work with an independent school or college/university is a plus.
- An established record of collaboration, and commitment to collegiality, and demonstrated good interpersonal and communication skills in achieving consensus among diverse administrative and academic departments, students, and staff.
- Exceptional creative abilities.
- Expert-level knowledge of technologies relevant to the job.
- Strong work ethic and integrity with proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and attend to numerous details well.
- Demonstrated skills in customer service, presentations, writing, problem-solving, analytical judgment, and time management.
- A warm, empathetic demeanor with a collaborative and flexible nature.
- Experience with diverse cultural populations.
- Available to work days, evenings, and some weekends when school is in session, and during school events throughout the year.