Director of Annual Campaigns
Beaver Country Day School, Chestnut Hill, MA
Beaver Country Day School – an independent day school located just outside of Boston, serving grades 6-12—seeks a self-motivated development professional with expertise in annual giving-level fundraising. The Director of Annual Campaigns will be an innovative and creative thinker and doer who has a proven track record of success initiating and sustaining annual fund strategies.
The candidate will be intellectually curious and technologically savvy, embodying a desire to be collaborative with all members of the Beaver community. This is a full-time position that will report directly to the Associate Director of Philanthropy and Engagement.
PHILANTHROPY AT BEAVER
Beaver’s Annual Fund is an effort by the entire community to support the people and programs that make Beaver unique. Over the past several years, the fund has continued to build and now consistently raises over $2M annually, which we are very proud of accomplishing.
The Annual Fund has served as an ongoing foundation for building a culture of philanthropy. In 2020, Beaver’s Centennial offered an occasion to celebrate the school’s history through philanthropy. This effort secured $5.7M of endowment for Tuition Assistance, Partnerships, and more. During 2016-2019, Beaver conducted The Future Is Here campaign, a $25M effort that created the Research + Design Center, a centerpiece of the campus and a space that defines Beaver’s mindset.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Director of Annual Campaigns joins a team that currently consists of a Director of Philanthropy and Engagement, an Associate Director of Philanthropy + Engagement, a Director of Community Engagement and a Campaign Services Manager.
As a member of the fundraising team, this role works with the Director and Associate Director of Philanthropy + Engagement and key volunteers to identify, research, cultivate and solicit Annual Fund gifts. The Director of Annual Campaigns oversees the growth of mid-tier annual fund support with the goal of increasing support and providing a foundation for the major gifts program. This position also plays a role in the major gifts strategy for the Philanthropy + Engagement team and manages a portfolio of prospects.
Annual Fund duties and responsibilities:
- Manage Parent Annual Fund Advisory Council + Alumni Founders’ Day Committee
- Create plan for annual fund and fundraising portfolio work
- Continue to develop and grow parent and alumni giving day momentum
- Develop content, messaging and theme for appeals and blog posts
- Develop strategy and stewardship content
- Attend and present at Development Committee driven by agenda
- Prepare analysis for summer planning retreat with P+E and Development Committee leadership
- Collaborate with Associate Director of Philanthropy + Engagement with strategy to grow our leadership giving society
- Manage portfolio of assigned prospects
- Bring prospects and agenda items to Major Gift meeting for discussion
- Manage 2-3 Reunion Classes (giving + engagement)
- Manage and Execute Faculty/Staff annual campaign
- Manage senior (student) giving campaign collaborating with Director of Community Engagement
- Participate in regional events as needed
- Parent and alumni discovery visits
The successful candidate will be a strategic team player who brings optimism, vision and creativity to Beaver’s fundraising program. The Director of Annual Campaigns will be an experienced, talented fundraiser and manager looking to continue to move the programs and work forward.
Strong candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- A proven track record in annual giving-level fundraising, with a minimum of 5 years of fundraising experience. Deep experience in developing and successfully managing an annual fund program encompassing creative strategies that motivate parents and alumni and a demonstrated track record of closing annual gifts through personal solicitations.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to persuade and influence others around ideas, decisions, and financial support.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a passion for creating relationships and drawing out the best in parents, alumni, and colleagues.
- An intellectual curiosity, understanding, and enthusiasm for education and Beaver’s mission.
- A sense of humor, flexibility, energy, and strong collaboration skills that include the ability to motivate peers in a culture of staff collaboration for the purpose of reaching common goals.
- Generous Benefits (Health, Dental and more). Visit our website for more.
- Breakfast and lunch provided when school is in operation.
- Beaver tuition remission for children of employees.
- Full remission of “General Camp” Summer Program tuition for employee children
- Paid professional development opportunities
- Free parking and close to the MBTA Green Line D
Additional things to know:
- Complete vaccination against COVID-19 is currently a condition of employment at the School. The School considers requests for exemption on medical or religious grounds on a case-by-case basis. The School’s COVID-19 and other policies are subject to change at any time.
Questions about this position can be directed to Jill Henson, Associate Director of the Annual Fund.