Director of Advancement Services, Prospect & Campaign Management
Lawrence Academy, Groton, MA
Job Description Summary/Objective
Reporting directly to the Chief Advancement Officer, the Director of Advancement Services, Prospect and
Campaign Management plays a critical role as a key member of the Advancement Office for the purpose
of cultivation, solicitation, and recognition of Lawrence Academy’s donor base. Lawrence Academy seeks
a strategic thinker and proven executor to complement a team of advancement and data professionals.
The ideal candidate will have worked in a campaign environment and provide critical analytic support to
advance the fundraising mission of the School. Key responsibilities include database management, prospect
research, campaign management, report writing, and oversight and coordination of gift processing and data
entry. The Director will manage the data team and collaborate with all members of the Advancement team
to achieve its goals.
Prospect/Campaign Management and Research
- Provide operational support for capital campaign and leadership gift programs
- Develop and execute timely reports using best practices and metrics
- Manage prospect identification using wealth screening tools such as Wealth Engine and IWave as well as other sources as needed.
- Oversee capacity and rating schema, management of prospects within stages and inclinations. Review of all Contact Reports for data updates and work with Prospect Managers to adjust ratings as needed.
- Provide detailed research profiles for campaign prospects, new parents, reunion alumni/ae, and other segments as needed.
- Organize prospect tracking meetings.
- Develop reporting structure that supports prospect manager goals for visits.
- Database Quality and Management
- Create, maintain & update data entry policies & procedures manual(s), and oversee compliance with data entry rules
- Oversee and participate in the ongoing development of new processes and policies that efficiently enhance data integrity
- Oversee the customization of the database including the creation of new fields, modification of drop-down menus, etc.
- Perform global data manipulation in Raiser’s Edge (RE) as needed
- Investigate and implement software updates, service packs, and any new products related to RE and maintain database user accounts and permissions
- Oversee and lead, as a certified NXT user, the training of office staff as we transition to NXT Blackbaud and lead all innovation as we integrate new software and create efficiencies
- Stay current on secondary educational institution technology tools, data management, and integrity procedures and methods
- Remain active in user conferences and pursue professional development to advance the capabilities of the office
- Manage the delivery of timely fiscal year-end reports generated for the school’s Annual Report to meet early fall delivery deadlines
- Manage all summer work related to year-end and roll over to the new fiscal year
- Serve as the key report writer for Advancement Office
- Oversee RE report criteria naming, and systematic, organized storage
- Work with staff to clarify report requests and formatting needs
- Train and assist staff in generating their own queries and running reports with NXT
- Oversee and manage the gift entry processor with the data team
- Manage and oversee gifts of stock and the entering of bequests and expectancy transactions as needed
- Review regular and ongoing financial reconciliation with the Business Office per current school policies
- Evaluate current gift processing procedures and use of database gift reporting capabilities and make recommendations for improved processes
- Maintain and update gift processing procedures and manuals
Qualifications & Skills
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in project management, campaign management, prospect management, database administration, and reporting in a development setting and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. A Bachelor’s degree is required, as is proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and relational database software, including a working knowledge of querying and reporting. Demonstrated proficiency in Report Writing is desirable. Familiarity with a fundraising database (especially BlackbaudNXT) is preferred, as is experience in a non-profit academic setting.
Attention to detail and strong interpersonal, communication, training, and organizational skills are
required, as is the ability to work effectively