Director of Advancement
Glen Urquhart School, Beverly, MA
Position Available: Glen Urquhart School
Director of Advancement
For the 2024-2025 school year
About Us: Glen Urquhart School (GUS), is an independent, coeducational day school for students in Pre-K through grade eight. Located 45 minutes north of Boston in Beverly Farms, GUS was founded in 1977 with an experiential, place-based philosophy that integrates all subjects and creates opportunities for students to be passionate in their pursuit of knowledge.
Position: Glen Urquhart School seeks a Director of Advancement to oversee and strategically grow the fundraising arm of the school leadership team. Having completed a campus master plan and in the process of finishing a long-range strategic plan, the school is poised for growth. We seek a Director of Advancement who will be a motivated and flexible leader, who can value our unique school environment, and who can work in a cooperative, dynamic setting. The Director of Advancement serves on the school’s leadership team.
Key Responsibilities: As an independent day school, we expect administrators to become involved in the life of the school. Beyond work responsibilities, administrators are expected to attend school meetings, school functions, and community events. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the mission and philosophy of the school
- Strategize, design, and implement a plan to meet the school’s financial goals
- Grow community relations to establish and strengthen ties and increase engagement
- Collaborate on initiatives and decisions related to overall program direction as related to Advancement goals and success of the school
- Establishing and executing forward-thinking development and strategic programs that optimally grow annual giving, leadership giving, and a capital campaign
- Support the budgeting and expense reconciliation process within the Business Office
- Writing and/or editing appeals, annual reports, letters, campaign materials, magazine articles
Qualifications: At GUS, we recognize that there are innumerable ways to learn, grow, and excel professionally. When reviewing applications we take a broad look at the experience of each applicant in order to get to know you and the unique strengths you will bring to the work. That said, we are most likely to be interested in your candidacy if you demonstrate the majority of the qualifications and experiences listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in fundraising, preferably in an educational setting
- Strong leadership skills and ability to collaborate and support other areas of administrative leadership team
- Demonstrated track-record of creating and executing successful annual giving campaigns and securing leadership and planned gifts
- Demonstrated history of successful capital campaign management.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
Glen Urquhart School seeks candidates who will add to the racial, cultural, and gender diversity of our school community.
Salary to be determined based on experience and qualifications. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and list of three references with the subject line “Director of Advancement” to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Glen Urquhart School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic background, age, disability, or military service in its hiring, employment or other programs and activities.
Salary to be determined based on experience and education. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and list of three references via email with the subject line “Director of Advancement” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Glen Urquhart School, 74 Hart Street, Beverly Farms, MA 01915