Director of Advancement
High Mowing School, Wilton, NH
HMS is Seeking a Director of Advancement
About the Position
High Mowing School is now accepting applications for the Director of Advancement position. As a key member of HMS Leadership Team, they are ready to manage all aspects of the school’s advancement program — Annual Fund, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Donor Relations, Special Campaigns, Grant-writing, Fundraising Events — as part of a dedicated team of professionals. Gifted with a results-oriented temperament, the Director of Advancement will aim to successfully achieve the school’s goals and is eager to embrace and further the school’s mission. A strategist, they are also a strong manager and collaborator, and thrive on ‘getting things done’. HMS is looking for an individual with innovative approaches to dramatically increase and expand its fundraising over the next few years while cultivating donor relationships (new and existing).
The Director of Advancement supervises the advancement staff, works in close collaboration with the Head of School, the business office, the Development Committee of the Board, and reports directly to the Head of School.
About High Mowing School
High Mowing School, established in 1942 through a long-established philanthropic spirit, is home to over 300 Preschool-Grade 12 day and boarding students. HMS is committed to a caring, respectful, and diverse community where academic success, personal growth, and social responsibility are highly valued and fostered. HMS is set on a hilltop among rolling farmland in scenic southern New Hampshire on 300+ acres and close to Boston, the seacoast, and mountainous recreational areas.
Our preferred candidate is experienced in leading an independent school Advancement program and team. They seek to actively contribute to a committed school community of faculty, staff, parents, and students in a rural setting permeated by natural beauty. They seek a challenging yet supportive, home-like school environment where their demonstrated experience will be serving the realization of aggressive goals.
- Graduate degree preferred.
- Background or familiarity with Waldorf education preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in an independent school advancement office.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of fundraising databases, donor research tools, social media, and digital communication tools. Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
- Experience recruiting and managing volunteers
- Knowledge of and experience with raising funds through an Annual Fund, Capital Campaigns, and the Grant process.
The compensation for the position includes:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health, dental, life, LTD
- Tuition remission 90%
- Generous vacation package
- Option to contribute to 403b account
Interested candidates should email HMS hiring team at email@example.com with a resume, letter of interest, and an HMS Employment Application. More Information on HMS website. (url: https://www.highmowing.org/about/employment.)
HMS will respond to qualified candidates only.