Director of Admissions & Marketing
Maimonides School, Brookline, MA
Maimonides School, a Modern Orthodox Jewish day school in Brookline, MA, seeks a Director of Admissions and Marketing who is an experienced, highly motivated, mission driven, and strategic marketing and community relations leader to serve as a primary partner to the Head of School and Board of Directors.
The Director of Admissions and Marketing will develop and implement strategies to advance the school, engage internal stakeholders, strengthen the parent community, and enhance partnerships within the Boston Jewish community. Maimonides School seeks a data and relationship-driven strategist who will bring experience in customer retention and acquisition and approach their work from a values-driven mindset. The Director will engage in meaningful relationships with families and will be welcomed as a trusted partner in their children’s educational experience.
The Director of Admissions and Marketing will have overall responsibility for enrollment, including admissions and retention. They will also develop and implement strategies to advance the school’s communications goals. This position will report to the Head of School and serve on the all-school administrative team.
- Lead all aspects of admissions and retention efforts in partnership with division heads and other school administrators.
- Develop and execute admissions and retention strategy, both for the current year and long-term.
- Monitor, assess, and update projected enrollment targets, as well as related data and trends.
- Develop and execute a communications plan that serves enrollment strategies and communicates Maimonides’ value proposition. Develop metrics for periodically assessing and revising the plan.
- Work closely with the Chief Financial Officer on the financial aid process and analysis of its success.
- Develop strategies to advance the Maimonides brand within the school and community.
- Partner with Development and Alumni Relations to ensure consistent messaging.
- Serve as a positive, energetic, and engaging representative of Maimonides and its mission, developing strong relationships with families in the Jewish community and Jewish leaders who are, or can be, advocates for a Maimonides education.
- Develop strong working relationships with feeder schools, as well as other Jewish, private, and public schools within greater Boston.
- Coordinate, manage, supervise, and develop admissions and communications personnel.
- Support enrollment management through database management; setting and achieving of admissions and retention goals; concierge stewardship of current and prospective families; and appropriate communications.
- Generate and interpret regular reports on trends and data relevant to enrollment and community engagement, and present to and advise Head of School, Board of Directors, and school leadership.
Experience and Qualifications
- Five years or more prior experience in admissions, marketing, and/or communications.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Skills in data management and databases (Veracross or similar SIS experience a plus).
- Skills in strategic planning and project management.
- Demonstrated skill as a collaborator and innovator.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Management experience in directing a team and providing strong feedback, support, and supervision.
- Ability to innovate and learn, and to receive and act on feedback.
We want you to be part of our team! Maimonides offers an unparalleled dual curriculum in Judaic and general studies, with an emphasis on moral and spiritual development. From early childhood (2-year-olds) through 12th grade, our students are avid learners, eager to engage with each other, their teachers, and their community.
Join our family of outstanding educators and administrators who recognize each new day as an opportunity for creative ideas, collaboration, and connection. Maimonides is more than a school; it is a vibrant community whose members embody kindness and compassion for others.
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with years of experience. Maimonides School is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Maimonides does not discriminate based on disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Wendy Wilsker, Managing Partner, Boyden Boston at email@example.com