Director of Admissions and Enrollment
Birches School, Lincoln, MA
Equity and inclusion are core values at Birches School. We are passionate about building diversity within our PK-8 school and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for all students, staff, and faculty. We believe every member of our community enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions. The Birches School mission is to nurture students’ innate curiosity and creativity in harmony with the natural world. Birches students embody empathy, inclusivity, integrity, teamwork, and a passion for learning.
Director of Admission and Enrollment:
The Director of Admission and Enrollment oversees all aspects of admissions, recruitment, tuition support, and communications and will direct the admissions process from inquiry through enrollment. The Director will lead a collaborative effort to develop and implement both short- term and long-term recruitment strategies to ensure Birches School meets enrollment objectives including diversity of the student body, mission-aligned recruitment and target numbers. The Director of Admission and Enrollment reports to the Head of School and is a senior leader in the school who works closely with the Head of School, Director of Finance and Operations, and the Board.
The ideal candidate will be an eloquent and inspiring spokesperson for Birches School, an experienced admission and financial aid professional, and a creative leader in admission, recruitment, retention, and DEI initiatives. The Director will develop and lead inclusive outreach efforts to draw diverse families to the school and ensure that Birches continues to enroll students who both thrive as part of the school community and contribute to the community as a whole.
The Director must be a team player with a strong collaborative nature, possessing superior organization and prioritization skills, and be self-motivated. They will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills including outstanding writing and public speaking skills and the ability to interact comfortably with a variety of people. The Director will have a genuine empathy for prospective families and an awareness of the needs and sensitivities of parents, students, faculty, staff and administration. An essential leadership attribute is an ability to manage expectations, effectively manage the admissions pipeline, and make admission decisions in a manner that is confident, honest, caring, and diplomatic.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Represent Birches and serve as a face of the school with current and prospective families while eloquently communicating Birches’ mission.
- Engage and inform prospective parents and students about Birches through phone calls, in person meetings, zoom calls, open houses, social media and other touchpoints.
- Inspire the Birches community to participate in admissions events including open houses, chats with current families, and the buddy family relationship.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with area educational constituencies including area schools, preschools, consultants, admissions directors and organizations and create pipelines for admission priorities.
- Lead and develop a communications plan with prospective families to move them from inquiry to enrollment.
- Oversee and participate in the development of admissions materials, events and marketing practices.
- Coordinate systematic and efficient handling of applications through our SIS and communications with parents of student applicants so that the process supports and honors the student and their family.
- Manage parent and student expectations and deliver admissions decisions in a manner that is honest, caring, and diplomatic.
- Oversee, with final decisions resting with the Admission Committee, the selection process of new students.
- Oversee, with final decisions resting with the Tuition Support Committee, all tuition support decisions.
- Manage the admissions budget.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
Education: Advanced degree preferred
Experience: Minimum of 5+ years of school administration with staff supervision and budgetary management experience required.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume as a PDF, along with other supporting material in common formats, to email@example.com.