Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management
Notre Dame Academy, Hingham, Hingham, MA
Located in Hingham, Massachusetts, Notre Dame Academy (NDA) is an independent Catholic school for inspired young women in grades 7-12 sponsored by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur (SNDdeN).
The first all-girls day school in Massachusetts, NDA educates and empowers the next generation of women leaders, preparing girls to use education, service, and faith to create positive change in the world. Founded in 1853, NDA focuses on developing girls’ extraordinary potential, educating their hearts, minds, and souls so they have the confidence, wisdom, and will to lead throughout their lives.
The Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management is responsible for the marketing of the school, as well as all facets of the enrollment and re-enrollment process. Deeply immersed in the life of the school, the successful candidate will generate a welcoming and inclusive introduction for families considering the school, and direct the admissions process from inquiry through enrollment. Guided by the school’s core values and shared sense of tradition and faith, the Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management shapes the direction and diversity of the school community by strategically leading the recruitment and admission of talented students while fostering a culture of hospitality.
Every aspect of teaching and learning is tailored to girls – every class, every program, every club, every team – emboldening girls to take the lead in the classroom, in the lab, on stage, on the field and in their communities. Students are encouraged to develop the courage and skills to exercise the power of their voice, to take risks, think critically and engage collaboratively with an understanding that the world is inextricably linked and that we have a shared responsibility to serve and act on behalf of peace and justice in the world.
NDA’s inclusive, faith-formation learning community provides a transformative educational experience preparing girls to become critical thinkers, life-long learners, and open-minded leaders. The school offers a holistic educational approach rich in tradition with strong academics, athletics, arts, extra-curricular activities, and spiritual development. Students build skills and capabilities to flourish in the world and they become part of a proud and vibrant NDA alumnae sisterhood community. Based on their learning and reflection, students are inspired to act in accordance with the principles of service and the social justice practices in the Catholic tradition of the global mission of SNDdeN, leading to the integration of the whole person.
NDA offers distinct and separate programming for its high school (9-12) and Cuvilly (7-8) divisions aligned with the educational and developmental needs of these students. Rooted in a holistic and robust liberal arts and sciences tradition, NDA’s rigorous academic program offers Honors, Advanced Honors, and Advanced Placement curriculum challenging its over 450 students to reach their full intellectual potential. The school is in the early stages of a strategic planning initiative that is developing and shaping the vision, mission, and strategy to carry forward the legacy of the SNDdeN and NDA. This work includes deepening and advancing NDA’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and the development of innovative leadership programs.
NDA strives to exemplify the distinct hallmarks of a Notre Dame Learning Community fostering a culture of collaboration, interactive teamwork, open and direct communication, and respect for the dignity and sacredness of each individual. The NDA faculty and staff comprise a highly committed team who fully embrace the mission and core values of the school and its all-girls profile striving to create a nurturing and empowering environment for each girl. The interaction between teacher and student at NDA is characterized by care and encouragement. The faculty is dedicated to ensuring the success of their students, participating in all aspects of school life. The ideal candidate will help build community around the commitment to hospitality toward all, with a focus on both prospective and returning families and students. To learn more about the school, please visit www.ndahingham.com
Reporting to the President, the successful candidate will be a key member of the leadership team. The Director will possess a strong sense of initiative, a collaborative work style, excellent management skills, and a strategic mindset. The successful candidate will implement best practices in enrollment management and will work closely with the President and Director of Marketing and Communications to promote the school’s brand and strengthen NDA’s position in the marketplace. An active listener, kind and thoughtful, the Director will act as a relationship builder and positive role model for students, faculty, and staff alike, embodying the school’s values and mission.
● Develop and implement a strategic enrollment plan that ensures full school enrollment.
● Develop a high touch, personalized and welcoming admissions experience that conveys the strengths and values of the school’s mission, the charism of the SNDdeN and Catholic identity rooted in Gospel values.
● Plan, promote, and successfully execute recruitment programs and events including open houses, campus tours and special events, school visits, admissions fairs, and interviews.
● Conduct parent interviews and tours that demonstrate deep knowledge of the school’s academic, athletic, spiritual guidance, and artistic programs.
● Maintain strong relationships with sending schools and educational consultants to ensure they have up-to-date information about the school and its program.
● Manage and direct the student candidate evaluation and selection process.
● Collaborate with the finance team on financial aid decisions that reflect the values and priorities of the school.
● Manage the enrollment process including welcome packages, new student orientation, and new family networking events. Effectively communicate next steps upon student acceptance to maximize enrollment.
● Oversee the creation of admissions materials, marketing collateral, and messaging in collaboration with the Director of Marketing and Communications.
● Provide timely and accurate visibility on the admissions process and school-wide attrition with data appropriate for management and board audiences.
● Work with faculty and administrators to be responsive to student and parent satisfaction.
● Manage a team of 2 admissions professionals who assist in the full admissions cycle.
● Provide ongoing review and refinement of the admissions process to assure its effectiveness.
● Train students, staff and other volunteers to assist in the admission process.
● Successfully manage the Admissions budget and related expenses.
● Minimum of five years work experience required in admissions or closely related field, preferably at a school with similar marketplace conditions.
● A natural leader who understands, appreciates, and effectively articulates the mission of Notre Dame Academy and the SNDdeN.
● Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
● Outstanding organizational skills and an ability to execute in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
● Demonstrates ability to strategize, implement, and build effective admissions marketing programs and activities, along with a talent for motivating staff.
● Demonstrates flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment.
● High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
● Ability to consistently maintain a visible, involved, and approachable presence.
● Expertise with computer skills and knowledge of technologies and tools relevant to current best practices in school admissions.
Notre Dame Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Guided by the mission of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, we celebrate the inherent dignity and value in each person as central to the work of creating justice and peace for all through education. We adhere to all mandates prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, disability or handicap, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or military veteran’s status. Notre Dame Academy invites candidates to join in this process who bring a substantive and varied combination of educational pursuits and lived experiences that demonstrate the capacity to make a meaningful contribution as the primary educational leader within its community.
Candidates are encouraged to submit:
• A cover letter expressing their interest in this particular role
• A current résumé and CV
Interested candidates, please contact Narwhal Talent Partners:
– by voice, text, or email:
Peter G. Hamilton | (617) 620-9268
Christian G. Henry | (857) 285-3364
All inquiries are treated as confidential.