Director of Admissions
Hyde School, Bath, ME
Hyde School, an independent boarding high school located in Bath Maine, seeks an enthusiastic leader to oversee the recruitment of students whose parents desire a family-based character education. The Director of Admissions will oversee the admissions process, maintaining the existing student base while growing a new base of prospective families.
- Work collaboratively with the senior administrative team to implement a strategic recruitment, marketing, and communication plan to reach targeted audiences.
- Present the school to prospective students, parents, and educational consultants through interviews and on-campus visits.
- Oversee the admission office operation, including creating and managing the admission budget.
- Keep and analyze relevant statistics on all aspects of the admission and re-enrollment program in support of operational adjustments and long range planning.
- Oversee the financial aid award program in partnership with the Chief Financial Officer and the Head of School seeking input from the admission team to make appropriate and meaningful financial aid decisions.
- Coordinate the volunteer networks that assist in the admission program including student tour guides and parent ambassadors.
- Represent the school at various gatherings and conferences.
- Foster high ethical standards, integrity, and respect for colleagues, alumni/ae, parents, and students throughout the admission process.
- A track record of demonstrated success in a similar role.
- Ability to think critically and creatively.
- A team builder with strong skills in management and leadership.
- A problem solver, facilitator, network builder and catalyst for new ideas.
- Experience with financial aid and international recruitment are desired
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Possess a college education; graduate/professional education encouraged.
- This position will require occasional travel and some weekends.
Our coastal campus is located in the heart of Midcoast Maine, in close proximity to nature trails, beaches and the city of Portland, recently voted one of the top 10 places to live in the country by U.S. News & World Report. If you thrive in a fast-paced creative environment and are looking for a positive and supportive work culture, we invite you to submit your resume and letter of interest.