Director of Admission and Enrollment Management
The White Mountain School, Bethlehem, NH
The White Mountain School seeks a Director of Admission to advance the School’s support for our students.
WHO ARE YOU?
You demonstrate strong interpersonal, leadership, organizational, and managerial skills. You have a high level of energy, creativity, flexibility, judgment, and a sense of humor.
You have the ability to troubleshoot and execute tasks independently and have a proven ability to work with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds. You are excited to contribute to a culture of awareness, understanding, and respect for all individuals and groups, with the ability to communicate in a culturally responsive manner.
You love challenges, thrive in collaborative environments, and seek a deeply relational and intentionally small boarding school community where you will be encouraged and supported to bring your full self to all aspects of your work. In addition, you meet or exceed these qualifications:
- You have at least 5 years of experience in admission and/or marketing and communications in an independent school or college or in the nonprofit sector.
- Excellent communication and public relations skills, both written and spoken.
- Facile with data, comfortable thinking strategically, and possessing outstanding judgment and maturity.
- You are eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree, a Master’s degree is preferred but not required.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
Under the direction of the Head of School, the Director of Admission and Enrollment Management will serve on the senior leadership team providing input on all school-wide decisions and:
- Lead the enrollment management process of attracting, enrolling, and retaining a diverse mission-appropriate student body.
- Develop and implement a data-driven, market-sensitive, goal-oriented enrollment plan to reach targeted regional, national, and international audiences for grades 9-12 and summer program enrollment.
- Maintain sophisticated data models and statistical information regarding the School’s enrollment trends and utilize them in decision-making about enrollment strategy, resource use, and planning efforts.
- Partner with the Director of Marketing and Communications and the Director of Advancement to develop strategic marketing ideas, ensure consistency and alignment in messaging, and co-lead projects and initiatives.
- Travel domestically and internationally on behalf of the school, including meeting with families, students, and educational consultants, visiting feeder schools, and attending fairs and conferences.
- Serve on the financial aid committee and work in collaboration with the Business Office in the implementation of pricing, projections, and financial aid strategies.
- Cultivate and maintain robust relationships with educational consultants, agents, and placement directors.
- Steward relationships with on-campus partners and develop connections with current and prospective families; engage advancement, alumnae/i relations, faculty, senior administrators, and the Head of School’s office as appropriate; develop and execute an all-school enrollment management model.
- Understand and inform the Admission staff and community about research and demographics, and admission enrollment trends, ensuring that changes and challenges are anticipated, understood, and addressed.
- Read and evaluate applications for admission and participate in the work of the admission committee in shaping incoming classes.
- If residing on campus, serve on the weekend duty rotation (as travel permits).
WHO ARE WE?
The White Mountain School is a gender-inclusive independent boarding and day school of up to 140 students in grades 9-12. Since our founding in 1886, we have remained true to our focus on the development of the whole student. Nestled among the beautiful mountains of northern New Hampshire, we make full use of our spectacular setting, using it to inspire humility, awe, and a deep connection to the natural world so as to encourage students to become lifelong stewards of the natural world. Through our commitment to competency learning and emergent curricula, as well as through our Episcopal heritage, we engage with topics of social justice and environmental sustainability, developing in our students the capacity to be curious, courageous, and compassionate community members. We nurture a vibrant and diverse campus-wide ethos of inquiry and engagement in all aspects of learning and living.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
A competitive salary and an attractive benefits package:
- Health Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- 4 Weeks of Paid Time Off
- 9 Paid Holidays Per Year
A beautiful location:
- The White Mountain School is located in Bethlehem, NH
READY TO APPLY?
If this sounds like a great match, we would love to hear from you! Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume via email to WMShiring@whitemountain.org.
THE WHITE MOUNTAIN SCHOOL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The concepts of equal opportunity and diversity are understood as the right of all job applicants and all hired employees to be treated with equal fairness and to have the opportunity to excel without bias due to their race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical ability, or protected veteran status.