Director of Admission and Community Outreach
Glen Urquhart School, Beverly, MA
About Us: Glen Urquhart School (GUS), is an independent, coeducational day school for students in Pre-K through grade eight. Located 45 minutes north of Boston in Beverly Farms, GUS was founded in 1977 with an experiential, place-based philosophy that integrates all subjects and creates opportunities for students to be passionate in their pursuit of knowledge.
The Position: We seek an experienced admission professional to serve as Director of Admission and Community Outreach for the 2022-2023 fiscal year. The Director of Admission and Community Outreach will be a motivated and flexible admission leader who understands a Pre-K through grade 8 school environment and who can work in a cooperative, dynamic setting. The successful candidate will work with the administration on all aspects of the marketing, recruitment, and interviewing process leading to the selection, enrollment, and retention of the student body. The Office of Admission includes an Admission Associate position in addition to the Director. This is a twelve-month, year round position with benefits.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Data analysis, including collecting and analyzing demographic information regarding North Shore towns and current trends in independent school enrollment
- Directing admission and financial aid programs for recruitment, enrollment, and retention
- Maintaining all databases, handling financial aid processes, and monitoring tuition payments
- Working closely with administrative team on all areas of enrollment and retention
- Managing the admission and financial aid budgets
- Collaborating with the Head of School and the Director of Communications to design and implement a comprehensive marketing plan
- Oversee implementation of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion strategic plan and lead the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee, in collaboration with the Director of Lower School and Director of Upper School
- Conducting admission research and maintaining relevant statistics
- Representing the School at admission fairs, functions, and conferences
- Developing and maintaining relationships with consultants, placement organizations, and feeder schools
- Creating sustainable outreach to underserved communities and families
- Organizing admission open houses and receptions for prospective students and families
- Conducting interviews and tours with prospective students and parents
- Coordinating the review of applicant files with faculty and administrators
- Collaborating on the production of all admission and financial aid publications
- Monitoring, assessing, and updating projected enrollment targets
Qualifications: At GUS, we recognize that there are innumerable ways to learn, grow, and excel professionally. When reviewing applications we take a broad look at the experience of each applicant in order to get to know you and the unique strengths you will bring to the work. That said, we are most likely to be interested in your candidacy if you demonstrate the majority of the qualifications and experiences listed below:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational abilities, attention to detail, and unwavering follow-through
- Knowledge of proven marketing techniques in admission
- Capacity for strategic data-driven planning
- strong interpersonal skills, effective oral and written communication abilities, and
- sound managerial and organizational abilities are essential
- Proficiency in admission and financial aid software is integral to the role. Extensive experience is required with database systems, including pivot tables, in a network environment, and software including Microsoft Word and Excel and Google Docs plus experience with or ability to learn other software systems, including inRESONANCE
- A bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred)
- A minimum of five years of independent school admission experience or equivalent
Salary to be determined based on experience and qualifications. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and list of three references with the subject line “Director of Admission” to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Glen Urquhart School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic background, age, disability, or military service in its hiring, employment or other programs and activities.