Digital Marketing Specialist
Dexter Southfield School, Brookline, MA
Dexter Southfield seeks a strategic, creative, and collaborative digital marketing professional to create, oversee, and execute on a dynamic school-wide digital engagement strategy to reinforce Dexter Southfield’s position as the preeminent PreK through Class 12 independent school in Boston. This position offers an energetic and curious individual the opportunity to collaborate with campus partners to increase admissions inquiries and applications, foster parent and alumni engagement, and support fundraising initiatives at an educational institution poised for its next phase of strategic growth.
The individual will join highly motivated colleagues in External Relations who pursue creative and entrepreneurial initiatives and implement best practices in the spirit of the School’s motto, “Our Best Today, Better Tomorrow.” They will play a critical role in the School’s Marketing and Communications Office and join the Admissions Marketing Committee.
This position has benchmark responsibilities to support the School’s overall initiatives, but it also has flexibility to allow the individual to design and implement creative and strategic initiatives in alignment with the School’s ambitious goals. To be successful in this role, candidates will have a passion for storytelling, take initiative over projects and responsibilities, and bring strong analytical skills, knowledge of social media best practices, sound judgment, and a sense of humor to the position, which includes the following:
- Establishing an annual social media editorial calendar and managing the School’s social media platforms, including content creation and inquiries, comments, and other engagement
- Collaborating with the team’s Graphic Designer/Photographer on photography, video, and graphics
- Supporting the Admissions Office by implementing paid and organic social media campaigns in alignment with the marketing strategy
- Supporting the Athletic Department in its use of social media to share game day information, report scores, and share student, coach, and alumni accomplishments
- Providing monthly and quarterly engagement and analytics reports based on determined KPIs
- Developing and maintaining a school-wide social media policy and advising campus partners on best practices
Website and Email:
- Overseeing strategies to enhance website optimization (SEO, clickthrough rates, pageviews, time on site, and other determined metrics)
- Developing campaign landing pages and supporting enrollment email campaigns
- Managing content and updates for determined website sections, including Admissions and Athletics
- Supporting the Director of Marketing & Communications and other team members with email campaigns, as needed
- Monitoring Dexter Southfield’s digital presence and data, including Google Alerts, reviews, and directory listings
- Researching, proposing, and leading other ideas for expanding the School’s digital engagement
- Staying current on industry trends and best practices to provide digital marketing strategy recommendations
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Digital Communications, Social Media, or other related field
- At least two years of full-time professional experience in related role
- Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite, email marketing and social media platforms, web content management systems, SEO, and Google Analytics; experience with video recording and editing preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively (orally and in writing) and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and other stakeholders
- Ability to be flexible, effectively manage stress, and adapt to changing work priorities and assignments
To apply for this position, please submit a completed Dexter Southfield employment application, your resume, a cover letter demonstrating your desire to support digital marketing in the independent school environment, and a link to an online portfolio or three examples of creative work/digital marketing initiatives.
This is a year-round, full-time position that offers a generous benefits package. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required to assist with special events. At Dexter Southfield, we promote a culture of excellence that extends beyond academics, athletics, and the arts. We offer a community in which employees and students feel valued, respected, and a sense of belonging.
To apply for this position, please apply online through our Careers page at www.dextersouthfield.org/careers.