Digital Communications Manager
Buckingham Browne & Nichols School, Cambridge, MA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Reporting to: Director of Communications
BB&N is seeking a full-time Digital Communications Manager (DCM). The DCM is a member of the Communications Team with responsibility for digital communications & marketing.
- Implement strategy for development and maintenance of external-facing digital platforms, including the bbns.org website, the Veracross parent portal, the weekly newsletter, and school social media channels.
- Write and coordinate submitted content for the newsletter, which is published weekly.
- Oversee design and content of the Veracross parent portal, in partnership with the Digital Learning Office.
- Serve on the Calendar-Communications working group, taking the lead role in ensuring the accurate transmission of the school calendar to external audiences.
- Manage the Content Creator in aligning social media content with strategic goals.
- Regularly reviews website content to ensure timely and accurate content.
- Coordinate as needed with the Parents’ Association liaison and the Sports Information Director.
- Oversee content submissions and production of the digital All-School Handbook, as well as the online faculty/staff directory.
- Build and nurture relationships with key stakeholders schoolwide
- Collect feedback from audiences, as needed.
- Manages vendors and consultants as needed.
- Writes for the Communications Office, as needed.
- Meet weekly with Communications Office colleagues to coordinate short-term and long-term tactical tasks with strategic goals.
Skills and Competencies:
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent is required with several years of experience, preferably in a school environment. In addition, the DCM will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Experience generating dynamic, engaging content in a deadline-driven environment.
- The ability to create a high-volume portfolio of high-quality, audience-focused work that augments brand voice and identity.
- Skill producing content in writing, photography, and videography formats including a variety of delivery platforms such as social media and website content management.
- Commitment to working in and fostering an inclusive community.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Keen attention to detail and excellent writing skills
- Ability to align work with the school’s strategic goals and visual/messaging brand.
- Strong computer and database skills. Knowledge of Google Workspace and Adobe Creative Cloud preferred.
- Graphic design skills are welcome, though not required. A willingness to continually learn and improve is required.
- With a curious, collaborative mindset; we are looking for candidates who enjoy engaging with others and are comfortable working on multiple projects at one time.
- Able to work effectively both as a team member and independently.
- Respect for confidentiality and the need for sound judgment and discretion.
- Willingness to occasionally work weekends and evenings, as required.
About Buckingham Browne & Nichols:
Located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Buckingham Browne & Nichols is a day school that engages students in grades Pre-K through 12 in a rich and invigorating educational experience of the highest quality. The school excels at helping students discover their unique talents and passions and develop those strengths to the fullest. The curriculum is challenging, forward-thinking, innovative, and flexible, designed to help qualified students, from a range of backgrounds and with a wide spectrum of talents and interests, reach new levels of accomplishment. Co-curricular opportunities in athletics, the arts, community service, and other areas add important dimensions to students’ learning. Students learn on three age and developmentally appropriate campuses. At every grade, BB&N takes full advantage of the range of opportunities its locations afford.
BB&N is committed to becoming an anti-racist institution. This commitment is integral to the mission and vision of the School. BB&N’s mission is to promote scholarship, integrity, and kindness in diverse, curious, and motivated students. The School prepares students for lives of principled engagement in their communities and the world. At BB&N, we value a diverse and inclusive community that fosters respect for the identities and perspectives of all. The different perspectives and experiences of our students define the fabric of our community and contribute to the growth of the individuals who call BB&N their alma mater and shape the classroom and extracurricular experiences. To have classmates and friends who are different from oneself, to come to truly know the background, experiences, and beliefs of a new friend is to learn more deeply about oneself and our world. There is no more important attribute in the preparation for global citizenship.
The vibrancy and vitality we feel in the classrooms, hallways, stages and playing fields of BB&N derive from the people who are here. At its root are the varied interests and experiences, the different backgrounds, cultures, religions, views, and perspectives that our students and faculty bring to their classes and families bring to myriad activities. Each of us adds to the richness of another’s experience. Working and playing together teaches us lifelong lessons about appreciating, knowing and understanding, and learning from each other.
Please upload your Cover Letter, Resume, and Reference List. Please include your connection to BB&N’s mission and values in your cover letter.
Buckingham Browne & Nichols School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any non-job-related physical or mental disability. We welcome candidates who will increase our diversity; we encourage candidates of color and all diverse candidates to apply.
Buckingham Browne & Nichols Schools takes the health and safety of its community members very seriously. Because we serve students, many of whom are not eligible for vaccination due to their age, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus with the Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine before commencing employment. Documentation showing vaccination status will be required as part of the application process.