Digital Communications Associate
The Chestnut Hill School, Chestnut Hill, MA
The Digital Communications Associate will support the school’s efforts to build brand awareness, engage The Chestnut Hill School community, and strengthen constituent relations. They will be responsible for curating and creating compelling content to support CHS’s messaging plan, working to strengthen the school’s image, expand visibility, and engage target audiences including prospective parents and their influencers, current parents, alumni, faculty, staff, and others.
The Associate will work collaboratively with school administration, faculty and Advancement. They will be able to prioritize among multiple demands and deadlines, will have meticulous attention to detail, and will have a team spirit, strong work ethic, and a sense of humor.
The Digital Communications Associate will:
- Serve as the school’s in-house graphic designer and develop compelling multimedia content across CHS’s digital marketing channels to support brand awareness as well as recruitment, fundraising, and community-building. This may include: websites, social media posts and ads, emails, newsletters, videos, photography, graphics and print collateral
- Develop multimedia strategies and creative campaigns, leveraging all communications outlets, for major school initiatives, including open houses and fundraising events
- Collaborate to develop strategies to increase the visibility of content; establish success metrics, monitor KPIs, and assess social digital marketing efforts to grow audiences and improve future efforts
- Develop and maintain a robust social media content calendar, in coordination with the larger editorial content calendar and academic calendar
- Perform regular digital content audits and competitive analysis to determine content opportunities and needs that align with communications strategic goals
- Create video content for web and social media use
- Photograph school events as well as parent/alumni events and maintain photo archives; coordinate professional photographers as needed, including school photo day
- Assist with management of the school website including refreshing photos and videos, and optimizing for search
- Assist with other communications and school duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of digital marketing/communications experience in a school or non-profit setting
- Strong design and creative skills, including experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Ability to build and expand a brand’s social media presence in support of institutional goals, to engage and grow audiences, and to develop innovative content (including for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
- Understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion principles and how to apply them to content strategy
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- BA/BS in journalism, communications, graphic design or related field
- Knowledge of SEO principles, Google Analytics, Finalsite or other content management systems strongly preferred
- Equity and inclusion – Employee lives the stated mission of the school, and values and respects diversity in all facets of school life. Employee promotes equity and inclusion in work with students, families, and colleagues.
- Collaboration – In keeping with Chestnut Hill School’s commitment to a strong community, employee exemplifies cooperation and collaboration, demonstrates leadership when necessary, is a supportive team member when needed, and assists others to ensure deadlines and goals are met.
- Communication – Employee exercises clear, constructive, and appropriate communication with students, colleagues and administration in written and verbal communication.
- Critical observation and problem-solving – Employee shows the ability to not only gather information but to also interpret, analyze, and suggest next steps based upon data. Employee assesses problems and utilizes all available resources to resolve challenges through proper channels.
Qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com to the attention of Elaine Fazekas, Director of Communications & Marketing. Please include “Digital Communications Associate” in the subject line of your email.