Development Manager, Alumni and Events
The Rashi School, Dedham, MA
The Rashi School
Development Manager, Alumni and Events
ABOUT THE RASHI SCHOOL
The Rashi School is Greater Boston’s Reform Jewish Independent School for Grades PK-8. In our warm and inclusive community, children are appreciated for who they are as they learn and develop. The school’s unique integration of rigorous secular academics and Jewish learning, commitment to differentiated instruction, and mission rooted in social justice nurtures students’ curiosity to learn, to ask and answer tough questions, and to take multiple perspectives. With kindness as their core, Rashi students become Jewish leaders who work to make the world a better place. The Rashi School, seeks a Development Manager, Alumni and Events to join the school’s dynamic five-person development team.
Development professional with excellent communication and management skills to provide high-quality operational support and development services coordination. Reporting directly to the Director of Development, the Development Manager, Alumni and Events provides integral support and management for the development team through implementing the department’s alumni engagement, donor relations, communications, event planning and donor research related tasks. As a key member of the Development Team, the Development Manager is charged with optimizing functionality and ensuring quality control and best practices for donor management.
Alumni, Events and Communications
- Develop and assist in relationships with volunteers, alumni, donors and prospective donors.
- Manage alumni donor research, a small portfolio of alumni major donors and prospects, ensuring proper cultivation and stewardship
- Represent the School to alumni community and act as primary liaison with alums
- Managing the ALC (Alumni Leadership Council) and Class Agents/Representatives
- Oversee creative production and distribution of event related external emails. Develop text and liaise with the Communications Manager to write and distribute invitations, social media, email-blasts, and marketing materials.
- Assist Development Team in establishing meaningful constituent engagement, effective communication via letters, email, website, social media, LinkedIn, and other appropriate vehicles.
- Manage and write a quarterly alumni e-newsletter, creating frequent “alumni spotlight” profiles for social media.
- Manage and implement calendar of all Development communications and events.
- Plan and execute 6-8 annual special events ranging from 10 to 500 participants, including The Annual Dinner, Welcome Back Celebration, Generations Day, Online Giving Day, Alumni Networking, Alumni Reunion and Major Donor stewardship events.
- Track and coordinate event revenue, manage event budgets, and generate appropriate tracking reports and data analysis.
- Additional Development and School responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2- 4 years of relevant experience, preferably in a nonprofit organization, school, synagogue or educational setting
- Superb attention to detail and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational skills, and emotional intelligence
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, meet deadlines, and problem-solve
- Expected to work independently, proactively, and as a collaborative member of the development team
- Excellent technology skills, including proficiency in Google Workspace and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, discretion, and data security
- Enthusiasm for becoming part of our vibrant, diverse, and inclusive school community, and building relationships with all members of the Rashi community, both externally and internally
- Donor database or CRM experience preferred
- Availability to work on occasional nights and weekends
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Work effectively both independently and in a team.
- Attend school events as necessary
- Enthusiastically participate in the life of the school, including weekly lunch/recess duties, faculty/staff meetings, professional days, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and professional references to email@example.com.
Rashi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Guided by our core values of justice, respect, learning, community, and spirit, and with social justice as a foundational cornerstone of our school, we are committed to building an inclusive community that honors and respects each individual, their varied
identities, and their spirit. We seek to listen, learn, and grow together to ensure that we are a place in
which all community members can thrive. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, including age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, mental disorder, familial status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.