The Cambridge School of Weston, Weston, MA
Date Posted: September 21, 2022
Starting Date: October 1, 2022
Job Description: 12 Month, Full time, Non-exempt
The Cambridge School of Weston seeks a Development Coordinator to add to our collaborative Development and Parent/Alumni engagement team. The Development Coordinator provides administrative support to ensure the execution of daily operations and effective administration of all activities for a creative, energetic, and growing Development team. The coordinator is the key administrative contact and liaison for external and internal constituencies including alumni, parents, donors, and colleagues. The ideal candidate will be a welcoming and engaging presence and is comfortable learning on the job, can work independently, and anticipate and solve problems in a fast-paced work environment of multiple and changing priorities.
- Alumni & parent engagement support— Manage the main phone line along with both alumni and development email accounts, coordinate follow-up of inquiries across the development department as well as across other school departments.
- Gift Processing— Process and enter all gifts, ensuring receipt, acknowledgment, and record-keeping protocols are followed and implemented.
- Database Administration—Ensure all constituent records are accurate and up to date through regular maintenance of contact and biographical information. Add all contact reports and meeting notes from development team members, Head of School, and volunteers to the database.
- Event support—Support major school events from planning to execution, including coordination with volunteer committees, all vendors, and the Marketing and Communications office to execute internal and external communication timelines.
- Fundraising support – Assist Chief Development Officer and other front-line fundraisers in scheduling donor calls or visits, support creating donor briefing materials, and assist with direct mail.
- Office management—Implement stewardship activities and mailings, maintain supplies and materials, and assist with processing invoices.
- Administrative Support—Manage logistics for the development team and committee meetings, including booking meeting space, creating agendas, assembling materials, and recording meeting minutes.
- Interest in supporting fundraising, stewardship, and event activities to advance CSW’s mission
- Affinity for working with various constituencies of an independent school (students, alumni, parents, faculty, etc.)
- Customer-service orientated
- Strong cross-cultural competencies and intercultural communication skills
- Keen attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including the ability to proofread, edit and revise existing copy
- Facility with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Zoom, and database systems (Raiser’s Edge NXT and Blackbaud preferred)
- Ability to handle high volumes of complex and confidential materials
- Physically able to lift 20 pounds
- Work occasional evenings or weekend days
- Experience in a development office and/or event management
- Familiarity with alumni/ae and parent engagement at an independent school
- Experience with social media platforms and e-mail communication tools
To apply for this position: Send a letter of interest and resume in a single PDF to
developmentjobs@ csw.org. We will accept applications until the position has been filled.
A leader among America’s progressive independent schools, The Cambridge School of Weston (CSW) has been at the forefront of educational innovation since 1886. At this day and boarding high school located in Weston MA, creative, motivated students embrace challenging work and address complex questions — with curiosity and courage. Inspired by the diverse perspectives and high expectations of our justice-minded community, they find and develop what is extraordinary in themselves and in the world around them. CSW’s mission is to provide a progressive education that emphasizes deep learning, meaningful relationships, and a dynamic program that inspires students to discover who they are and what their contribution is to their school, their community and the world.
The Cambridge School of Weston does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law. We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage candidates who will increase our diversity to apply.