Shrewsbury Montessori School, Shrewsbury, MA
Development Coordinator (Immediate opening or fall 2022)
Shrewsbury Montessori School (SMS) seeks a part time Development Coordinator. Founded in 1972, Shrewsbury Montessori is one of the biggest AMS schools in Massachusetts, dually accredited by AISNE and AMS, serving Toddler to Grade 6 students on two campuses.
Working under the guidance and supervision of the Head of School, the Development Coordinator will have primary responsibility for ensuring a successful SMS Annual Fund and related campaigns. The Development Coordinator is responsible for managing and growing the donor base, renewing and upgrading member support, and strengthening relationships with current SMS Annual Fund donors. The Development Coordinator is responsible for creating enthusiastic participation in annual giving from all constituencies. This role serves as the key driver in meeting SMS’s annual participation and retention goals by harnessing affinity for SMS into loyal giving, which in turn leads to major support of the school’s strategic priorities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND KEY PRIMARY OBJECTIVES
- Work with the Head of School to develop an Annual Fund plan that includes a communications calendar, solicitation themes and sets goals and metrics.
- Cultivate and build upon the existing base of donors amongst all constituents: alumni, parents, parents of alumni, grandparents, faculty/staff, and friends.
- Develop annual solicitation messaging and marketing appeals. Supervises the production and mailing of all printed and electronic solicitation pieces.
- Coordinate, analyze, and monitor SMS Annual Fund data and progress towards goals adjusting strategy as needed.
- Manage SMS Annual Fund volunteer groups who assist with outreach and stewardship.
- Oversee the implemental of all Annual Fund related campaigns and events, such as SMS Fall Barbeque, Giving Tuesday, Auction, etc.
- Keep track of SMS’s giving and send thank-you letters for tax purposes to donors.
Experience and Skills:
- Highly productive, self-starter with strong strategic, analytical, relationship building, communications, detail oriented and diplomacy skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills with a sharp attention to detail.
- Strong data minded skills and comfortable reporting, data analysis, and marketing terminology.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously, and to consistently meet all deadlines and goals.
- Ability to work with internal and external partners with positive and collaborative interactions and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Commitment to excellence; willingness to go above and beyond.
- High energy and positive outlook; eagerness to take on an ambitious pace.
- Collaborative work style that inspires and creates a healthy sense of urgency among team members.
- Team orientated.
- Bachelors’ Degree
- Prior experience with development and fundraising at an independent school, educational institution, or nonprofit organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong technology skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Word and Excel), Apple software/Google docs, and experience with Raiser’s Edge or like software is preferred.
- Is comfortable using on-line calendars and invites, and presentation software.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the Subject: “Toddler Lead Teacher: Your Name.” No phone calls or solicitations please.
SMS is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, and skills. SMS will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All such discrimination is unlawful and contrary to SMS.