Development & Community Engagement Coordinator
Wellan Montessori School, Newton, MA
Wellan Montessori School is accepting applications for a Development and Community Engagement Coordinator position to begin in September 2022. The Development & Community Engagement Coordinator will report to the Director of Development and coordinate all aspects of the School’s development and community engagement efforts, including annual fundraising campaigns, gift reporting and tracking, development database administration, donor communications, and certain community events.
The successful candidate will possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, be detail oriented, and self-motivated. They will be able to manage multiple priorities, be responsive to the changing needs of the administration, and will operate with a high level of discretion when working with sensitive matters and information.
- Support the development of the annual fundraising strategy and calendar.
- Oversee all functions of the donor database, including managing all development records, maintaining accurate donor information, and providing accurate data and reporting regarding development performance.
- Maintain secondary recordkeeping systems and hard copy donor files as needed.
- Prepare, execute, and track all donor correspondence, including timely donor acknowledgements, pledges and pledge-related correspondence, fundraising emails, direct mailings, and other donor communications.
- Prepare administrative documents as required, including composing and processing correspondence, memos, reports, and content for annual publications.
Community Engagement Responsibilities
- Plan and execute parent/family/community-wide events.
- Participate in admissions and alumni events as needed.
- Attend other events and perform additional duties as assigned.
- Full Time, 40 hours per week, with attendance at staff meetings and occasional night and weekend events outside of regular hours required.
- Regular Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Salary: This is an Admin I level position on Wellan’s administrative salary band.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with database management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Collaborative spirit and experience as an effective member of a team.
- Passion for working with and supporting a diverse community.
- Creative spark for planning events, and willingness to work occasional evenings or weekends.
- Resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references required.
Wellan Montessori School believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, pregnancy, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under federal or Massachusetts law. The School will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. The School’s equal employment opportunity practices extend to recruitment, hiring, job assignment, compensation, benefits, transfer, promotion, training, discipline, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the School’s non-discrimination policies, including its Title IX policy:
Name: Joseph Jolly
Title: CFO / COO, Director of Development, HR, and Legal Affairs
Office Address: Wellan Montessori School, 80 Crescent Avenue, Newton Centre, MA 02459
Telephone Number: 617-969-4488 ext. 3
Email Address: email@example.com
For assistance related to Title IX or other civil rights laws, please contact OCR at OCR@ed.gov or 800-421-3481, TDD 800-877-8339.