The Chestnut Hill School, Chestnut Hill, MA
The Development Associate is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations of all Development Office initiatives and activities including gift processing, providing gift information/support, database management, communication and outreach to donors, and office support.
The Development Associate will be responsible for:
- Collaborate with the Director of Development to qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward New Families, Current Parents, Trustees and other constituencies of the CHS community
- Create mailing lists, appeals, and Annual Reports
- Support all Development events such as dinners and receptions including:
- GPSF Day
- Secondary School Transition Night
- Current Family Picnic
- Alumni Breakfast and Distinguished Alumni Award event
- Personally manage a portfolio of prospective donors with the goal of raising a specified amount determined by the Director of Development
- Collaborate with the Director of Development to support Annual Fund Parent Volunteers to solicit and steward individual portfolios of donors by:
- Creating and distributing training materials including sample e-mails, call scripts and Annual Fund FAQ’s and statistics
- Preparing receipts for all donations and distributing for personal notes
- Assist in the solicitation and cultivation of various donor constituencies, through events, calls, and emails
- Responsible for the management, control, integrity, and accurate maintenance of the prospect and donor database – Generations (FileMaker Pro)
- Responsible for processing and tracking all gifts and pledges; producing timely acknowledgment letters and pledge reminders
- Work with the accounting team to reconcile database records with the general ledger, fund balances, and fundraising reports
- Supports the prospect research needs for the Development Office
- Generates and distributes monthly reports
- Manage and update alumni database records. Regularly update class lists and determine and implement process for finding lost alumni
- Outline a 1-3 year plan to build alumni relationships by leveraging social media to engage alumni and encourage supporting CHS
- Collaborate with the Director of Development to effectively market the Annual Fund to alumni via the website, printed appeals, and other materials
- Collaborate with the Director of Development on strategizing, creating and implementing alumni Annual Fund appeals, phonathons, and stewardship letters
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in a Development Office or in a fundraising capacity, academic environment a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven success at working collaboratively and efficiently on a creative and goal-oriented team
- Able to take initiative, prioritize tasks and make decisions
- Exceptionally capable in both written and oral communication
- Technologically savvy, experience working with databases preferred
- Highly developed organizational skills while still exhibiting a high degree of flexibility
- Dedication to a high level of confidentiality
- Passionate about the mission and vision of the school
- Warm and personable with a good sense of humor
- Some evenings and weekends and additional duties as assigned
Equity and inclusion – The Employee lives the stated mission of the school, and values and respects diversity in all facets of school life. Employee promotes equity and inclusion in work with students, families, and colleagues.
Collaboration – In keeping with Chestnut Hill School’s commitment to a strong community, employee exemplifies cooperation and collaboration, demonstrates leadership when necessary, is a supportive team member when needed, and assists others to ensure deadlines and goals are met.
Communication- The Employee exercises clear, constructive, and appropriate communication with students, colleagues and administration in written and verbal communication.
Critical observation and problem-solving – The Employee shows ability to not only gather information but also interpret, analyze, and suggest next steps based upon data. Employee assesses problems and utilizes all available resources to resolve challenges through proper channels.
Qualified candidates should send their cover letter and resume by September 20, 2021 to email@example.com to the attention of Chuck Sawyer, Director of Development. Please include “Development Associate” in the subject line of your email.