Groton School, Groton, MA
Groton School is seeking an energetic team player to provide administrative and event support to the school’s Office of Development and Alumni Affairs.
Interested applicants must possess exceptional administrative skills and a track record of managing multiple deadline-driven projects simultaneously. Event experience preferred.
This is a full-time hourly position (40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year) reporting to the Manager of Development Operations.
The right candidate will:
- Possess the ability to work independently while being part of a high-functioning team, as well as provide excellent customer service with effective communication skills
- Analyze and solve problems proactively
- Bring a high level of attention to detail, proofreading skills, and expertise in Microsoft Office
- Have administrative experience, preferably in a development office, and familiarity with fundraising software (such as Raiser’s Edge)
- Be willing to work occasional nights and weekends for several annual school events
- Support major school events from initial planning to execution, including coordinating with event managers, vendors, and other departments across campus. Work nights and weekends during events to assist with set up, breakdown, and other duties as needed.
- Provide general office support for the Development office in a wide range of administrative duties including, but not limited to, assisting with mail merge communications by proofing, printing letters and stuffing envelopes, setting up email marketing and event invitations, working closely with front line fundraisers and office staff to complete projects and other general office tasks.
- The ideal candidate will be a highly flexible team-player, able to multitask a multitude of administrative functions related to fundraising events and general operations.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work closely with various constituencies (alumni, parents, faculty and staff), exercise discretion, and maintain information with appropriate confidentiality
- Strong computer skills, including expertise in Microsoft Office applications with strong knowledge of Excel
- Positive, can-do attitude with willingness to assist in a wide range of administrative tasks
- Ability to work individually and as a member of a team
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in an independent school or non-profit office is preferred
- Raiser’s Edge experience preferred
This position is benefits-eligible, including: 403(b) plan (with school match); health, dental and vision insurance; Flexible Spending Account; life insurance; paid time off; parental leave
Please note that, prior to hire, the selected candidate will be asked to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19.
All employees of Groton School are required to wear a mask while indoors and must take weekly school-facilitated COVID tests.