Pinkerton Academy, Derry, NH
Qualifications: Associate’s degree in related field with 5 to 8 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Requirements also include impeccable interpersonal and telephone skills; strong technology skills to include Google Suite; Raiser’s Edge database and prospect research experience required; and an ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations with strong written, verbal, administrative and organizational skills. Flexibility with work schedule (occasional evenings and weekends).
Summary: Reporting directly to the Director of Institutional Advancement, the specialist provides database management, prospect research, gift recording and reporting, and administrative support.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes a broad variety of database management including importing and exporting data, system configuration, gift processing, report generation, and query activities.
- Prepares and processes stewardship and scholarship letters.
- Processes gifts/donations (data entry, handling checks, preparing thank you letters and gift receipts).
- Directs prospect research activities.
- Updates contact information in Raiser’s Edge database, creates new records, duplicate record management and record updating.
- Works with the Director of Institutional Advancement on prospect portfolio activities.
- Generates solicitation letters and event invitations.
- Maintains office budget and petty cash, prepares purchase requisitions and updates spreadsheet on expenditures.
- Assists Director of Institutional Advancement with campaign planning and future fundraising timeline process as needed.
- Drafts and implements processes and procedures handbook for Advancement Office.
- Maintains and updates Director of Institutional Advancement forms, resources, and communications on Shared Docs, Team Drive and Google classroom.
- Creates giving, gift analysis, and donor analytics reports. Determines distribution frequency and format to departments, leadership, and trustees.
- Creates and maintains donation pages and event registrations in Blackbaud’s RENXT, Online Express, and NetCommunity, determining which product best fits the needs of the project.
- Responsible for maintaining Raiser’s Edge/NXT, Online Express, and NetCommunity software, including updates and security settings.
- Communicates on behalf of the Director of Institutional Advancement with the faculty and staff on matters related to the Office of Institutional Advancement.
- Creates and maintains communications and reports to be submitted to the Advancement Committee, as well as taking minutes at the Committee meetings.
- Supports data requests for Reunion classes, Alumni Association, Trustees, and Headmaster.
- Works independently on projects while handling a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with absolute and unquestionable discretion, setting a professional, efficient and poised tone for the office and the protocols associated with the Director of Institutional Advancement.
- Performs additional duties deemed necessary by the Director of Institutional Advancement.