Glen Urquhart School, Beverly, MA
Position Available: Glen Urquhart School
Dance Teacher (Part-Time)
Beginning November 1, 2021
About Us: Glen Urquhart School (GUS), is an independent, coeducational day school for students in pre-K through grade eight. Located 45 minutes north of Boston in Beverly Farms, GUS was founded in 1977 with an experiential, place-based philosophy that integrates all subjects and creates opportunities for students to be passionate in their pursuit of knowledge.
The Position: We are seeking a dynamic and flexible individual who loves teaching and understands how to engage children in the appreciation and creation of joyful and expressive dance. Building on GUS’s existing theme and place-based academic program, this teacher will collaborate with colleagues and teach courses in grades pre-K through grade eight. We seek candidates with strong creative backgrounds as both artists and teachers to build on Glen Urquhart School’s existing program. We seek teachers who believe in differentiated and developmentally-aligned models of teaching and learning; understand the importance of instruction and inspiration; and are attuned to the social and emotional growth of students. Teacher certification is not required. This position is currently 70% time and eligible for benefits
As an independent day school, we expect teachers to become involved in the life of the school. Beyond classroom work, teachers attend weekly morning meetings, team meetings, school functions, and community events.
Key Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the mission and philosophy of the School
- Complementing academic excellence through a working knowledge of GUS’s core curriculum
- Organizing the classroom and establishing routines that support children’s learning
- Planning lessons that link to an academic program that is interdisciplinary and thematic
- Delivering appropriate lessons and feedback to students using a variety of teaching strategies
- Organizing the dance portion of 8th Grade Arts Night and other schools arts events
- Keeping accurate and up-to-date records on student progress
- Issuing effort grades and comments for students in a timely manner
- Participating in the Faculty Evaluation Program
- Participating in parent conferences and communicating with parents regularly
- Meeting with administrators as scheduled
Qualifications: At GUS, we recognize that there are innumerable ways to learn, grow, and excel professionally. When reviewing applications we take a broad look at the experience of each applicant in order to get to know you and the unique strengths you will bring to the work. That said, we are most likely to be interested in your candidacy if you possess a majority of the qualifications and experiences listed below:
- Three to five years teaching experience, preferably in a K-8 setting
- A bachelor’s degree in dance or dance education
- A master’s degree in dance or dance education
Equal Opportunity Employer: Glen Urquhart School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic background, age, disability, or military service in its hiring, employment or other programs and activities.
Salary and benefits are to be determined based on experience, education, and time. Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, and list of three references via email with the subject line “Dance Instructor” to: email@example.com.