St. Mark’s School, Southborough, MA
Job Title: Custodian (Full-Time – 40 hours/week)
Title of Immediate Supervisor: Director of Facilities
FLSA: Non-exempt (hourly)
St. Mark’s School seeks a full-time Custodian with strong attention to detail. The successful candidate will possess a strong work ethic and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, outside vendors, parents, and members of the surrounding community. This is a 40-hour per week, year-round position.
· Perform general custodial maintenance duties so as to maintain workspace and residential areas in a clean, orderly manner, ensuring the highest standard of cleanliness. Works extensively in Health Services locations, including quarantine areas (PPE provided).
· Work independently or in small groups to maintain assigned area(s) in clean and orderly condition using equipment, chemicals, and cleaning solvents.
· Job duties may be performed at all campus buildings or facilities. Substitute for other custodians/maintenance workers as required. This position may require some holiday, evening, and weekend work.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years of related experience and/or training in custodial work; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience and training in a medical, healthcare, hospital or laboratory setting preferred (2-3 years)
- Must pass state and nationwide criminal background checks
- Must hold a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
St. Mark’s offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package including:
· Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
· Retirement plan with employer contribution
· Paid Time Off, including extra days off in the Summer
· Professional Development and Childcare assistance programs
No phone calls, please.
St. Mark’s School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or genetics, and any other characteristic or status protected by law.
Located on 250 acres in the town of Southborough, Massachusetts and just 25 miles from Boston, St. Mark’s School is a coeducational, college-preparatory school educating 360 students in grades nine through twelve
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour