Coordinator of Summer at Park and External Rentals
The Park School, Brookline, MA
Coordinator of Summer at Park and External Rentals
|About The Park School|
The Park School is a Pre-K to Grade 8 independent school in Brookline, MA dedicated to excellence in education. The cornerstone of Park’s program is academic excellence, combining both high standards of scholarship and the encouragement of each child to develop to his or her greatest potential. Our school community fosters a nurturing environment in which children develop curiosity, express creativity, appreciate the value of hard work and discipline, and experience the joy of learning. Park’s faculty encourages each student to strive for intellectual, physical and moral growth and to become contributing members of the community.
Summer at Park brings the values and mission of the School alive during the summer months to a broad group of students ages 4 to 15. With our variety of programming in 1- and 2-week sessions and extended day, the possibilities are endless. Campers make lasting friendships in small groups led by our experienced and dedicated staff who love to have fun.
The Coordinator of Summer at Park and External Rentals is a member of the school’s administrative staff and reports to the Director of Summer at Park. This full time, 12 month position is responsible for collaborating with the Director of Summer at Park to develop and execute exciting programming for Summer at Park and managing the rental of school facilities during the academic year. The ideal candidate will bring a history of collaborative, self-directed work as well as an entrepreneurial spirit.
|Roles & Responsibilities|
The Coordinator of Summer at Park and External Rentals is an integral partner in the leadership of Summer at Park. During the busy summer months, the Coordinator of Summer at Park and External Rentals is engaged in leading all aspects of camp operations in collaboration with the Director of Summer at Park. During the academic year, the Coordinator is actively involved in the designing and planning of the next summer and managing the rental of school facilities in the evenings and on weekends.
Summer at Park Responsibilities:
- Promote respect, honesty, responsibility, caring, joy, and excellence among all children and staff
- Assist Director of Summer at Park with camp tasks, including but not limited to:
- development of annual camp programming calendar
- management of Summer at Park and Swim Club at Park customer relationship management (CRM) system (CampBrain), including season design, registration, and billing
- design, completion, and delivery of marketing strategies and materials, including fall mailings, annual camp open house, and website
- preparation and delivery of timely communications, parent information packets, and mailings to registered families
- collection and review, in conjunction with Health Services Team, of camper paperwork
- update and maintain staff manual, parent handbook, and camp procedures
- hire, onboard, supervise, and evaluate camp staff
- collect, review, and process staff hiring paperwork, including CORI and SORI
- camp and pool staff orientation design and presentation
- allocation and distribution of Financial Assistance
- ordering of supplies, staff and camper shirts, and tent rentals
- collaboration with Facilities Team, Dining Room Team, and Technology Department before, during, and after camp season
- collaboration with Business Office to reconcile credit card statements, monthly bank statements, and year end finances
- plan, schedule, and manage details of field trips, camp transportation, and camp visitors
- Manage and oversee American Camp Association accreditation process
- Attend meetings, accreditation classes, camp fairs, and conferences for American Camp Association, Massachusetts Camping Association, and Greater Boston Camp Directors Network
Rental Program Responsibilities:
- Communicate with partners who are interested in renting Park’s facilities
- Develop and maintain contracts for all those leasing Park’s facilities
- Coordinate with Asst. to the Head of School to maintain schedule for leasing, update school calendar, and communicate with facilities team
- Manage billing and collections from third parties leasing Park’s facilities
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, allowing one to work effectively with colleagues, parents, and campers
- Demonstrated dedication to multiculturalism, equity, inclusion, and antiracism
- Enthusiasm, creativity, maturity, patience, and self-control
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to accept and provide supervision and guidance
- Ability to solve problems and resolve conflicts
- Demonstrated experience managing staff
- Prior experience in program development preferred
- Please visit Park’s career page to complete an application and upload your resume, cover letter, leadership/philosophy statement, and the names of three to five references including two present or past supervisors.
- The Park School welcomes candidates who will add to the diversity of our community and who have demonstrated a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in their teaching and learning.
- The Park School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or family composition or any other status protected by applicable law in the administration of its employment, education, admission, financial aid, and other policies and programs.