Coordinator of Extended Day
Moses Brown School, Providence, RI
Title: Coordinator of Extended Day
Department: Auxiliary Services
Supervisor: Director of Summer and After-School Programs
Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Moses Brown is a 236-year-old co-educational independent day school enrolling 775 students,
nursery through twelfth grade. A Friends school, MB exists to inspire children to reach their full
intellectual and spiritual potential. We engage students in a rich academic curriculum, a broad offering
of arts and athletics, and a daily life rooted in the Quaker values of community, equality, and service.
We affirm the Quaker belief that there is an Inner Light in each person that is worthy of dignity and
respect. We consider simplicity, integrity, group wisdom, and respect for differences to be paramount
in helping students of all faiths and backgrounds discover their identity and mission in the world. In its
hiring practices, Moses Brown does not discriminate and seeks to maximize the diversity of the
school in terms of class, gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, abilities/disabilities, and
The coordinator ensures the Extended Day program provides students with structured choices
throughout the afternoon including: outside play, games, indoor activity and craft choices, and
supervised homework time for those who need it. The coordinator provides on site oversight of the
extended day staff and fosters a positive and collaborative environment. It is the coordinator’s
responsibility to share information provided by faculty or parents with the staff in order to ensure that
concerns or issues are being dealt with consistently by all members of the team.
- This position is a 12 month position.
- Academic year: Approximately 22.5 hours per week (daily 1:00pm-5:30pm) and additional hours during full-day care days and vacation camps. Summer: (daily 2:00pm-5:30pm) with the ability to coordinate with staff for morning extended day coverage.
- Reports to the Director of Summer and Afterschool Programs
- Provides on site oversite to 5-7 part-time staff. Collaborate with the Director of Summer and After School Programs on feedback, evaluation, and job action when appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records of attendance, student concerns, teacher concerns, and communication with families.
- Create, direct, and execute curriculum development of after-school programming and full day care days with extended day teachers.
- Plan and execute faculty full day care on in-service and parent-teacher conference days, as well as opening and closing days of school. Provide on site oversight, and coverage as needed on these full days
- Be present and provide support to the vacation camp program
- Create consistent newsletters to inform extended day and MB After 3 families of children’s activities
- All other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge, Competencies:
- Understanding of best practices in elementary education and the developmental needs of students aged 3-11 years old necessary; ability to supervise staff; willingness to communicate clearly with staff and parents essential
- This position is considered a staff position.
- First Aid/CPR certification preferred (will provide training upon hire)
- Knowledge of Google suite, and Microsoft word and excel.
- Physical demands: this position is required to sit on the floor with children, lift up to 50 lbs,
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited institution preferred.
- Experience working in an educational environment and/or with elementary-aged students preferred; some experience with program organization and implementation helpful.
Compensation is competitive and based on education and number of years of experience. The school
offers a competitive package of benefits to its faculty and staff, including vacation, sick and personal
days, health insurance, and retirement plan.
Moses Brown School is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.