Coordinator, Development and Alumnae
Montrose School, Medfield, MA
Title: Coordinator, Development and Alumnae
Department: Development and Alumnae
Reports To: Director of Development and Alumnae
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
This key member of the Development and Alumnae team supports the Director of Development (DOD) and is focused on strategic development operations, especially around policies and procedures of gift processing, information management and reporting and enacting stewardship and cultivation. The ideal candidate will also be a welcoming and engaging presence for parents and alumnae throughout the entire school year.
- Process all philanthropic contributions with consideration to timeliness, efficiency and accuracy of both gift coding and donor biographical data.
- Accurately capture donor intent in processing gifts by maintaining a thorough understanding of all appeals, funds, and gift types including multi-year and annual pledges, matching gifts, tribute gifts, online, wire and stock transactions, in-kind donations, and specific funds and initiatives.
- Partner with the Business Office to manage and coordinate general accounting of gifts, daily deposits and assist with monthly revenue reconciliation and annual audit requests.
- Generate timely and accurate acknowledgement letters and tax receipts; effectively coordinate with prospect managers for special letters. Track, scan and upload signed letters.
- Create, edit and maintain accurate constituent records in donor database, ensuring that all biographical and donor contact information conforms to the standards established by the Development and Alumane Office.
- Process address updates from returned mail and participate in ongoing and short-term data integrity projects as assigned.
- Track and monitor matching gift pledges and manage communications with administrators for the matching gift programs at donor companies.
- Create a filing system for donor files.
- Be a liaison with the Head of School (HOS)’s office on donors and development activities, including notifying HOS and DOD of leadership gifts.
- Create a hardwired stewardship calendar for donors; organize birthday cards and other stewardship programs.
- Collect and organize thank you notes from scholarship families.
- Organize high-touch stewardship efforts for important volunteers and donors.
- Help create an internal culture of gratitude by systematizing thank you and stewardship.
- Provide administrative support for DOD for donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Assist DOD on major yearly reports to Foundations and other major donors.
- Manage intern and/or volunteers who provide filing and data entry support.
- Create strategic development finance operations and systems to reconcile with Business Office, reporting, gifts processing, acknowledgment process, board reports, gift analysis, tracking gifts by category, and assisting donors in making certain gifts (stock, matching gift, etc.).
- Create new systems and processes for high quality stewardship and cultivation efforts.
- Manage all reporting and department budget.
- Manage process for Annual Report.
- Manage all or part of fundraising events.
- Manage strategic event and calendar logistics and follow-up; act as liaison with the other departments in the school such as Parent Engagement and Events.
- Conduct prospect research and organize information on major donors and prospects.
- Event Support – Support major school events from planning to execution, including coordination with volunteer committees, all vendors, and Communications office.
- Assist DOD and other front-line fundraisers in scheduling donor calls or visits, and support creating donor briefing materials.
- Provide administrative support such as maintaining supplies and materials, and assisting with processing invoices.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required.
- Database experience strongly preferred; Development database experience a plus.
- At least one to two years of experience in a Development Office or equivalent environment, processing high volume of data.
- Willingness to spend periods of time doing routine and repetitive computer work.
- Highly detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding gift and data entry while adhering to deadlines. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Perform all functions with a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to take responsibility, to work well as a team member and independently. Be self-motivated and adaptable.
- Ability to understand and follow directions and complex policies and procedures.
- Strong communication skills.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position oversees volunteers.
Other duties: The incumbent may be required to perform other duties as assigned within the broad scope of duties assigned above.