Coordinator, Centers for Innovation and Emerging Leaders
Boston College High School, Boston, MA
Boston College High School is a Catholic, Jesuit, independent, college preparatory school serving approximately 1400 young men from various communities across Massachusetts. Founded in 1863, Boston College High School is committed to an authentic formation of the head, heart, and hands within the parameters of the Characteristics of Jesuit Education, the Ignatian Pedagogical Paradigm, the BC High Mission Statement, and the strategic plan.
The Shields Center for Innovation and the Michael D. White ’70 Center are new, exciting, and transformative initiatives at the school, made possible through the extraordinary generosity of alumni Mr. Jack Shields and Mr. Michael White.
The Coordinator, as a key team member of the Centers, will help operationalize new Center programming, including but not limited to innovation and leadership days; field trips; design challenges; pitch competitions; and youth and leadership summits. They will support both Centers in these early days of development.
- Coordinate events and programs during and beyond the school day
- Procure program materials
- Organize site visits
- Coordinate catering for events
- Keep track of people, organizations, and topics of interest submitted by teachers
- Collect data for Shields Advisors resource portal
- Collect and maintain student leadership data
- Codify programs through maintaining write-ups of each program for future use, documenting best practices, and identifying opportunities for improvements in future programming
- Other duties as necessary
- Self-motivated individual with desire to make an impact on students
- Curious, creative, and driven person who will think outside the box
- Eager to practice and model leadership and innovation as we encourage students to do the same
- Comfortable working with students and teachers, meeting them where they are, and putting students at the center of all work
- Detail-oriented, prompt, and self-disciplined
- Eager to learn more about secondary education, innovation, leadership, and self
- January – June 2022
- 10-15 hours per week in-person, hours flexible
To apply, please send a letter of interest and your resume to Sue Glover, Manager of People and Culture at firstname.lastname@example.org.