Content and Marketing Coordinator
Lincoln School, Providence, RI
Lincoln School, founded in 1884, is an independent Early Childhood–Grade 12 Quaker school for girls in Providence, Rhode Island. We are currently seeking a full-time Content and Marketing Coordinator with a start date of ASAP. Reporting to and collaborating with the Director of Marketing and Strategic Communications, the Content and Marketing Coordinator is responsible for organizing and executing a wide range of marketing and communications initiatives and projects.
This 12-month, full-time role is an excellent opportunity for a highly organized and detail-oriented professional with stand-out communications and project management skills who enjoys being a connector—of dots, of people, of possibilities. The ideal candidate is excited at the prospect of building brand recognition and loyalty using all of the marcomm tools in their toolkit. This role leverages a broad range of skills, a high degree of initiative, a growth mindset, and the ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
Lincoln School values working with a diverse faculty and staff and seeks applications from individuals who share our commitment to educating girls to fearlessly embrace the opportunities and responsibilities of full citizenship in a complex world.
Description of Responsibilities
Content + Storytelling
- Maintain the annual content calendar, including written, photo, and video content across all content channels, including social media, blog posts, emails, newsletters, videos, drip campaigns, and constituent portals.
- Become immersed in the dynamic and close-knit school community; identify and amplify the stories of its various members and the institution as a whole. Create content collaboratively that reflects our brand, aligns to our strategic plan, and engages our audiences.
- Design print materials for school events across divisions, including programs, flyers, posters.
- Provide editing support, including proofreading, and fact checking, and production support for a variety of marketing materials in different formats (video, print, digital).
- Oversee and manage social media accounts with ongoing, consistent content and engagement that maps to the content calendar.
Marketing + Communications
- Identify and pursue partnership opportunities for community events and liaise with organizers. Propose and conduct new initiatives and one-off events to boost Lincoln community engagement.
- Support the development and implementation of marcomm plans for initiatives and one-off events.
- Support web development and maintenance, PPC, and SEO efforts and well as internal and external communications projects.
Project Management + Administration
- Develop and maintain schedules and timelines for initiatives and projects, and ensure alignment between the events calendar, the annual content calendar, and other important dates.
- Maintain a database of creative assets (photos, videos, design files, and ad creatives) and assist in trafficking a variety of ads across channels.
- Proactively perform daily administrative tasks to ensure the efficient execution of the department’s initiatives and goals, including scheduling, note-taking, purchasing and expense tracking, operational and other documentation as needed.
- Other duties as assigned. Occasional night and weekend hours will be required.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, with a talent for storytelling being key. (Experience copy editing, proofreading, or familiarity with AP Style is highly desired.)
- Photography, photo editing, and videography skills.
- Meticulous organizational, project, and time-management skills, including the ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines, while providing excellent customer service to our various stakeholders—internal and external.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to make people feel valued and motivated while accomplishing difficult tasks. Flexibility, diplomacy, judgment, and the ability to maintain confidentiality are essential.
- Experience and comfort with G Suite, Excel, a CMS, and the top social media platforms is essential. Familiarity with a social media scheduler, ad management platforms (Facebook, Spotify, Google, TikTok, etc.), a CRM, Google Analytics, Adobe CS, and HTML/CSS is highly desired.
- Knowledge of current technology as related to marketing and social media trends and the ability and desire to learn emerging technologies is critical.
- Ability to work independently. Higher ed or K–12 experience preferred.
- High school diploma required, bachelor’s degree preferred, or an equivalent amount of education and applicable professional work experience.
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, a professional writing sample (blog post, press release, op-ed, creative brief, project pitch, etc.) to Julie Stafford, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Lincoln School is committed to building an equitable and inclusive educational community. Applicants are requested to address in their cover letter how they will work with us to further this goal.
For more information on Lincoln School, visit our website at www.lincolnschool.org.
Lincoln School is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Members of groups historically underrepresented in independent schools are strongly encouraged to apply.